Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10c for Carry Optics?

Superpipe9

Looking at getting into carry optics and was wondering what you guys think of the p10c for this task? Who’s gottem, what do you think, does and don’t, is the shadow better for CO? Let me know and share some pics. Thanks

Probably wouldn't be my first choice, for the same reason that people tend to choose the G34 or G17 over the G19 for competition. That said, it's the only striker-fired platform offered by CZ, so if you have your heart set on that, then go for it.

If you dont mind a DA/SA platform, then the P09 probably makes more sense. Or yes, an original SP-01 Shadow would probably be the "ultimate" choice in terms of how tuneable the trigger is while not requiring complex machining and weight reduction. The Shadow 2 theoretically offers better ergos, but costs an extra nice chunk of cash in machining to make the 45 oz max weight. And an extra $700ish in terms of base costs compared to the P09 or P10c.

Edited by ClangClang

Almost all manufacturer have optics ready handguns up to the task pick the one that fits you and have fun. I currently shoot a canik tp9sfx for the money can't go wrong also have an xdm 4.5 optics ready for a back up 

Probably wouldn't be my first choice, for the same reason that people tend to choose the G34 or G17 over the G19 for competition.

People usually chose a 34 or 17/17L over a 19 because of the sight radius. The guns aren’t inherently more accurate. Sight radius won’t be a factor in CO so I’d imagine the P10c would be great if the guy wants a polymer striker pistol.

A couple of catches to the above. The shorter barrel means less velocity for a given load so he would need to be certain he’s making power factor if he’s loading his own. The P10c will also be outclassed by the steel frame guns if looking at weight for recoil management. Then again, transitions should be quicker with the lighter pistol.

I like my P10c but would not be my first choice for CO. SP01 shadow is the best/easiest to convert to CO. Sig x5 might be a good way to go as well if you want a striker fired pistol.

Personally, I would go for a shadow or a Shadow 2 OR if you can modify it to reduce the weight. I have been shooting a shadow with optics for the last seven months and absolutely love it! Trigger is amazing once fitted with a reduced main spring and a Pre-B Disconnector, and these are simple to do yourself.

• 7 months later...
23 hours ago, MarilynMonbro said:

Last I read, the mounting plates for the OR versions aren't released yet

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The p10C plates doesnt fit the P10F? Because in europe, we get many p10C plates, but no p10F OR (Gun) :D 

Thanks Stuart

On 3/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, eerw said:

CZC is making plates for the P10 OR guns. Should be available early next week

Now that the F OR is out what are you guys using for 140mm base pads, springs and followers?

On 3/5/2019 at 9:59 PM, Superpipe9 said:

Thanks Stuart

Now that the F OR is out what are you guys using for 140mm base pads, springs and followers?

Using the 140mm pad for the P09 CZC sku: 1001097  and the 10 coil kit

1911865394_p10fco.jpg.b5d390c4c96e8ee9188fec42a0fcf0ac.jpg

11 hours ago, eerw said:

Using the 140mm pad for the P09 CZC sku: 1001097  and the 10 coil kit

1911865394_p10fco.jpg.b5d390c4c96e8ee9188fec42a0fcf0ac.jpg

Are you using the 10 coil spring with follower kit, ski 10522? 

Appreciate it Stuart 

Edited by Superpipe9

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of capacity are you getting with your 140 and the spring/follower kit?

Also, the CZC page says "slide might not lock back," had any issues there?

(trying to compare to the Springer Precision extension and spring/follower, they're saying 23 9mm in the mag.)