Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Texas State Limited / Sept. 23-25

In Limited, Manny was HOA,  Ted Puente was second and Adam Popplewell was third and the TX State Ltd. Champ.

Ok, I hoping for mercy under the "there is no stupid question" concept, but shouldn't HOA = TX State Ltd. Champ, or am I really missing something?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Steve, Manny and Ted are not from Texas... therefore not TX State Champs...

Just like Eric who won the last two (or three) USPSA nats... HOA, but not USPSA National Champion. :)

Bill

Edited by bpowe

My hometown (Liberty) looks to be right there with the big targets... I'm prayin' the thing turns South soon.  I saw what the last flood did to my town.

I'll be in Breckenridge regardless...  I'd hope folks would just pack up their stuff and head on up to the match...  Fact is, your match room is probably the only hotel/motel you're gonna find in the state at this point.

Clay, It was nice to meet you ! and thanks for the barbque !

see ya next year txsl.

Clay, It was nice to meet you ! and thanks for the barbque !

see ya next year txsl.

Damon, great to meet you and yours as well!

I had the best time I've had in a long, long time this weekend. I too am already looking forward to next year... In my opinion, you just can't find a better bunch of people to hang out with.

The Mitchells are super nice folks! I'd briefly met A & J at Area 4, but got to know them a little better this time. :) To Jimmie and Artie: Thank you for putting on such a wonderful match. Jimmy, as I said Friday, put me on your list of workers for next year.

To Aritie, Jimmy, David L, and everyone else who put in so much time and effort to make this match go off............ THANK YOU!!!!!

Now [Puts on critics hat], I am more than a little disappointed that there were not at least plaques for C class Limited 10, which had 9 shooters. That is 3 more shooters than there were D limites which had a Belt Buckle awarded. I know that L10 and Production are the Step child divisions, but we all paid the same entry fee everyone else did. [removes critics hat]

Great match to all the winners............... if I never see that picket fence and paper at 75 yards again it will be too soon. .....

Damon, great to meet you and yours as well!

I had the best time I've had in a long, long time this weekend.  I too am already looking forward to next year...  In my opinion, you just can't find a better bunch of people to hang out with.

Gotta' agree with Clay on all counts. Thanks again Clay for the good stories, good beer, and for covering the bill! You're the walking definition of a Texas gentleman from your Resistol down to your boots! It was nice to meet you Damon and congrats on the C class win (welcome to B!).

And General Chang, I didn't know that was you!!! Congrats on your win too!

Thanks Carina

Match was a blast. The folks did a great job. Thanks to everyone that made it possible. I am looking forward to next year. I am really digging the prospect of a two day format.

I have no complaints, only a lot of the people I had hoped to see were unable to make it due to recent events (Rita/Katrina).

Thanks again Clay for the good stories, good beer, and for covering the bill!  You're the walking definition of a Texas gentleman from your Resistol down to your boots!

<tips hat> The pleasure was all mine, ma'am. See you at the North Texas Sectional! ;)

Before I forget... I also want to shoot a big "Thanks, again!" out to the other 8 shooters on Squad 1. It was a pleasure shooting/working with you all. You all set a great example for newbies like myself (and everyone else) on how to work as a team.

Clay,

It was a pleasure to meet you. Not every guy'll let you try on his Cowboy hat. Thanks for dinner, drinks, conversation and dancing. I'll drop you a PM next time I'm headed your direction.

Damon, BigLucky,

Nice to meet you. Hope to see you again soon.

Congrats to all of the forum members who kicked A$$!

Thanks to Artie, Jimmy, David and all the other folks who put in alot of work to put on another great TX Limited Championship.

Before I forget... I also want to shoot a big "Thanks, again!" out to the other 8 shooters on Squad 1. It was a pleasure shooting/working with you all. You all set a great example for newbies like myself (and everyone else) on how to work as a team.

I have to second that. It was one of the best squads I've ever seen. Made me feel like a slacker.

To Aritie, Jimmy, David L, and everyone else who put in so much time and effort to make this match go off............ THANK YOU!!!!!

Now [Puts on critics hat], I am more than a little disappointed that there were not at least plaques for C class Limited 10, which had 9 shooters.  That is 3 more shooters than there were D limites which had a Belt Buckle awarded.  I know that L10 and Production are the Step child divisions, but we all paid the same entry fee everyone else did.  [removes critics hat]

+1 on both counts. It was a great match, and I seriously hope the match directors further dilute the porridge for the step children next year by recognizing the 1911 Single Stack Division. That is where my heart is. That's where I want to be.

Clay,

It was a pleasure to meet you.  Not every guy'll let you try on his Cowboy hat.  Thanks for dinner, drinks, conversation and dancing.  I'll drop you a PM next time I'm headed your direction.

Once again, the pleasure was all mine, I'm sure. Look forward to hearing from you. You are always welcome here in Texas!

Uhh, what just happened to this thread?  Some of the posts were deleted.

Nothing has been deleted so far ---- but until we reach a decision, certain posts are visible only to moderators. If we decide they can stay, you'll be able to see them again, if we decide that they need to be modified or deleted, the posters will be PM'd with reasons......

This process shouldn't take forever ---- but might take a day, depending on who logs on when.....

Thanks to Artie, Jimmy, David L, and all the RO's and others who put together a great 13th TX Limited Championship. Thanks especially for putting out the welcome mat to the Production and L10 guys and the unbelievably gutsy David Gildon who was shooting his big round thang! I was the "other David" having a great time on squad 9. I will be back next year!

David C :D