Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aight people. I have a a SIG MPX with s FTE issue. I fire a round and get a stovepipe. I am using a gen 2 MPX with gen 2 mags. I am shooting 130 PF 147 gr blue bullets. This is the same load I use for the Tanfoglio Stock 2 and I don’t want to change it. Any suggestions before I sell it and just buy a JP?

I had to send my barrel off to have the gas port enlarged to make my Sig reliable for PF 130 reloads. As others have said had no problems with hot commercial ammo. After the port was enlarged I've had no trouble with reloads.

There are several threads around here on this subject.

Hello: The Sig likes faster lighter bullets. I really like the 115's in my MPX at 138-141PF. It makes it cycle quickly so you can get back on target faster. I have not had to open up the gas port on 3 MPX's I have had and still have. It likes to be well oiled and around 500-1000 rounds it works great. Thanks, Eric

I shoot 147 Extreme over 3.3 gr Titegroup for all my  competition guns and was just too lazy to change the formula around. Wanted everything to run with the same combo. It was worth $75 to me to open it up and make it reliable with everything.