Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about your HS507C

Chillywig

I have one on my rifle and I think it is great but it is heavy and the housing around the glass is pretty thick.  The whole dot is pretty bulky.   Not at all like my Romeo 3 or even my c-more (the actual glass part and the housing that holds the glass). I had considered putting one on my sti (Love the solar power feature) but I am not sure if I would notice the housing while shooting, if it would be distracting or whatever.  I am planning on putting one on my shotgun though.  

• 5 months later...

I had my holosun on my 9 major gun and just couldn’t get the ejector tuned to eliminate the brass clipping the very back corner of the optic and bouncing back in the chamber occasionally.  So I scooted the mount forward one hole such that there are 4, not 5 screws holding the mount on the frame.  It completely solved the problem.  I have not had a single piece of brass strike the optic since doing this.  

B38431E0-BE8B-4615-96F9-37ED0140882F.jpeg

I second, or third , or what ever, the Holosun 510 on an open gun. I have about a thousand rounds so far thru mine and really like it a lot. It doesn't seem as big when you take the cover off and it didn't change the way the gun feels,,,

Gans5.jpg

I have holosun HS507C on my gun and I like it a lot. My initial concern was the window might be too small and/or that frame will obstruct the view but after roughly 2,5K rounds I can says in real life it is not an issue. The holosun was chosen due to the fact I have astigmatism and even with corrective glasses the dot on other brands was not clearly visible as expected. Holosun is not perfect for me neither but it was the best visible dot / pattern I could more less clearly see. I use two dot patterns depending of situation (dot and circle without the dot). With circle my impression is that I am able to acquire target faster but for some more distant targets dot seems to be better choice. Anyway 95% of the time I am using circle instead of dot.

The only potential downside of the construction might be that you need to remove the sight to change the battery (which did not happen so far). The window could be a little taller but bulkiness of HS510C and potential ejection issues plus double sided mount made me decision to go with HS 507C. Overall I am very satisfied with it.

15AcYKs.jpg

Edited by KrisS

4 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I have the 510 on my primary open gun. I really like the features battery life etc of these holosuns. I wish the 510 had the same sized circle as the 507. The 65 MOA seems a bit big when held out at arms

I agree.    More reticle options for the HS510C would be great. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2018 at 4:00 AM, KrisS said:

I have holosun HS507C on my gun and I like it a lot. My initial concern was the window might be too small and/or that frame will obstruct the view but after roughly 2,5K rounds I can says in real life it is not an issue. The holosun was chosen due to the fact I have astigmatism and even with corrective glasses the dot on other brands was not clearly visible as expected. Holosun is not perfect for me neither but it was the best visible dot / pattern I could more less clearly see. I use two dot patterns depending of situation (dot and circle without the dot). With circle my impression is that I am able to acquire target faster but for some more distant targets dot seems to be better choice. Anyway 95% of the time I am using circle instead of dot.

The only potential downside of the construction might be that you need to remove the sight to change the battery (which did not happen so far). The window could be a little taller but bulkiness of HS510C and potential ejection issues plus double sided mount made me decision to go with HS 507C. Overall I am very satisfied with it.

15AcYKs.jpg

I know its been a year since this was  posted,  any update? What mount did you use?

Thanks,

Joey

I have had the 507c with a JVI industry rmr mount. I too put the mount forward with now 4 screws instead of 5. Brass now clearing. Love the circle and I can accuire targets faster. I do have to practice weak hand and strong hand coz of small window with a dot but switching to 32moa circle dot it was no problem seeing the reticle.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:14 AM, shooterbenedetto said:

I have had the 507c with a JVI industry rmr mount. I too put the mount forward with now 4 screws instead of 5. Brass now clearing. Love the circle and I can accuire targets faster. I do have to practice weak hand and strong hand coz of small window with a dot but switching to 32moa circle dot it was no problem seeing the reticle.

Thanks @shooterbenedetto, Im waiting for this weekend to try out my 2011 with 510c and today, I realized the tevo mount kinda touching on the slide racker.  I'm gonna move the mount forward and use 4 screws and hopefully it wont give me any problems. 

So, i took mine this weekend to the range and shot 2 full mags of 170mm.  Some  brass were hitting right corner of the 510c and landing them on my right arm.  I moved the mount one hole forward,  Lets see how its gonna perform next time. 

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content