Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide-Glide Light?

I posted this in the Open Gun forum, but thought it might get more action here - What should the name be for the new juice? Open-Glide, Slide-Glide Light, or ??? I feel like the phrase "Slide-Glide" should remain intact, otherwise I forsee lots of (unnecessary) "splainin" on the phone down the road.

be

I like the Slide Glide Lite.  It easily identifies and sets the product apart.  I know exactly what it is from the name.  And, the name has recognition and memory value...and it bulids on the main brand name (Slide Glide).

-  I still don't know the difference between SG #1 and SG #3...without having to look it up.  (I don't know the Cooper conditions off the top of my head either. ;( )

-  Bud.  Bud Light.  (I wonder if they spent a lot of money researching that name?)

Well, everyone in the Open forum was calling it "Slide Glide Lite" so I think that it has been branded already.

"Open" has this "open guns only" ring to it which is rather misleading since those of us in cold country are looking forward to applying it to our blasters, open or not.

Let us know when this is available and I am sure there will be a lot of orders...especially from the frozen north.  :)

Sure, lube up that blaster with AstroGlide or KY and about the fourth or fifth shot when it runs down on the the grips your blaster will end up flying god knows where.  

Hmmm...you could put a textured condom over the grips too for more "traction".  That first reload might be a bit rough though. ;)

Cheers!

Kevin

"The Astro Glide bottle would, of course, actually contain Slide Glide..."

lol

Thanks for the input all. I was leaning toward the Slide-Glide Lite, so I'm thinking that's it. I just ordered my first batch today; I should have labels ready and in the Store by late next week...

be

How about "Real Cool- Slide Glide" for those of us in the higher elevations.  Ya could make it blue or sumphin.  I LOVE SLIDE GLIDE, but I have to stop using it when the ambient temp drops below 20f.  

Happiness IS a warm gun!  

"I like the Slide Glide Lite."

Perhaps too late to chime in, but one of my pet peeves is product names that deliberately misspell common words to be "cute." Really, so many people out there can't spell anyway, why make it harder? I vote Slide-Glide Light.

My sister was an english teacher (high school) and I asked her about the "lite" spelling one time.  She consulted some text or another and came back with the information that it was an approved spelling and the meaning was, basically, "similar to the original only lacking something".  Egads!

Of course I also go ballistic when people can't use grammer correctly ... "the building was lighted"...ahem!  "The building was lit" dagnabbit!

Sorry for the drift.  :)

Man, that was a serious burn by EricW. ;)

kimel,

I can't either, that's why I have a system wide spellchecker on all my machines. I actually feel that's it's improved my spelling ability because I use it to check words at the moment I realize I can't spell them, rather than waiting to spell check at the end of the document.

be

I just shot my gun last weekend in about 20 Degrees weather.  I used Slide Glide #1 and it was like molasses.  The gun didn't jam but I could actually see the slide opening and closing while shooting.  When I would drop the slide, the slide didn't have enough energy to chamber the round usually.

Should I switch to "Slide Glide Lite" or cut Slide Glide #1 with oil. (I got lots of FP-10).

BTW - I just write "thin" on my Slide Glide #1 tub and "thick" on my Slide Glide #3 tub.

(Edited by Dowter at 10:53 am on Jan. 17, 2003)