Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power X-Cal, K100 Red Dot Milling

Hey Guys,

So I've been trying to locate a gunsmith who can/will mill out my Grand Power X-cal or K100 slide for a Shield RMS.  (Carry Optics)

I know there are Eliason style mounts out there (for x-cal) that I have found from reading others posts:  

http://www.customguns.co.uk/shop-page/4580285375/grand-power-k22-xtrim-minisight-mount/9700063

http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-scope-mounts/optima/jp-mount-for-colt-gold-cup/

But that isn't really the route that I'd like to go.  Milling would get the dot lower and would be a more secure mount than the above options.

I contacted the company who did the Gold K100 job 2 years ago and was turned down because he said the slide is just not ideal for a red dot.  I understand the geometry/lack of material to work on etc so I get that.  However after seeing that it's been done successfully, I don't see why it cant be done again. They are such awesome shooters I think it would make them even more fun. 

So if anyone knows any gunsmiths who are able or willing to do this job please let me know. I'm sure other people are just as interested and I would really appreciate a referral to a professional!

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 7.44.19 PM.jpg

Grand power WrHc69k.jpg

Hey Qbert thank you for the references, I contacted all of the companies and Patriot Defense was the only one who said they would do it. : )

We'll see how this turns out, I'll be sure to upload some photos if this comes to fruition. 

Edited by Hk1776
needed : )

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, Hk1776 said:

Hey Qbert thank you for the references, I contacted all of the companies and Patriot Defense was the only one who said they would do it. : )

We'll see how this turns out, I'll be sure to upload some photos if this comes to fruition. 

Well? Did it?

Hey guys, unfortunately Patriot Defense didn't pan out. The office lady said they could do it but wasn't familiar with the Grand Power line, unfortunately she never sent me a work order.  She seemed pretty busy and in a rush on the phone and said she would check if it could be done but never called me back.  I called again a month later about something else and got the same answer. I figure if a company doesn't follow up with a potential customer I don't really want to hound them for answers or send an expensive part to.

I put my Shield RMS on a Glock 19 MOS instead and am very happy with it for now.

(Still interested in getting my K100 or X-Cal milled for a Shield RMS, so if anyone else finds someone who will actually do it that would be great. Kind of a bummer that no one will do it! )

45 minutes ago, Hk1776 said:

Hey guys, unfortunately Patriot Defense didn't pan out. The office lady said they could do it but wasn't familiar with the Grand Power line, unfortunately she never sent me a work order.  She seemed pretty busy and in a rush on the phone and said she would check if it could be done but never called me back.  I called again a month later about something else and got the same answer. I figure if a company doesn't follow up with a potential customer I don't really want to hound them for answers or send an expensive part to.

I put my Shield RMS on a Glock 19 MOS instead and am very happy with it for now.

(Still interested in getting my K100 or X-Cal milled for a Shield RMS, so if anyone else finds someone who will actually do it that would be great. Kind of a bummer that no one will do it! )

First off we apologize for the inconvenience and dropping the ball on this. Its rare but occasionally someone gets dropped through the communication cracks ( still no excuse ). If your still interested in this please feel free to contact me at my direct email and we can get things moving forward - joe.wilson@patriotdefense.com

Ill even be happy to extend a 20% discount for you on the milling. 

@MemphisMechanic thanks for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

First off we apologize for the inconvenience and dropping the ball on this. Its rare but occasionally someone gets dropped through the communication cracks ( still no excuse ). If your still interested in this please feel free to contact me at my direct email and we can get things moving forward - joe.wilson@patriotdefense.com

Ill even be happy to extend a 20% discount for you on the milling. 

@MemphisMechanic thanks for the heads up. 

You’re welcome. I’ve never had anything but excellent service from you. I figured you’d want a chance to make it right, Joe.

(And @Hk1776 no more phone tag - that email address goes to the owner of the company. ;) )

Edited by MemphisMechanic

17 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You’re welcome. I’ve never had anything but excellent service from you. I figured you’d want a chance to make it right, Joe.

(And @Hk1776 no more phone tag - that email address goes to the owner of the company. ;) )

Also let me know if your wanting to move forward on your milling as well. 

Thanks MemphisMechanic for relaying that and Joe for responding. 

At this time I'm squirreling away pennies to buy a house so my fun projects are on hold for a few months. But it's great to know it can be done!

Thanks again Joe @ Patriot Defense for reaching out!!

Edited by Hk1776

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just wanted to drop a note on this thread. I just mailed my slide and Holosun off to Joe this morning. I figured since this thread was what my catalyst for doing it I would let you guys know how it turns out when I get it back.

Thanks,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with Joe from Patriot Defense. He looked at the X-Calibur and can mill it for a Deltapoint and another (forgot which one LOL)...but the RMR Holosun requires a plate to make it work with the slide design. They are working on an adapter plate design (ETA Christmas or earlier). I am leaving my slide with him to be first in line ... so looks like a little longer wait until I get my match version (now watch they will release the match version in the US).

🙂

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 8:04 PM, QUIZZ said:

I have the X-callibur and want to put the Viper red dot optic on it but can't find an adapter plate? My rail does not have the cut out. Can you use the rear sight screw to mount the adapter bracket?

Before I got my xcalibur milled, I used the Master Class Custom Guns of UK mount for a K22. The mount does not have bosses and uses 4mm mounting bolts/screws  to mount optic. It sits flush on top of slide with a little bit of overhang depending on what optic you are using. I was using a burris ff3 at the time.

• 5 weeks later...

I found this forum post and reached out to Patriot Defense to confirm they do indeed do the optics milling work on x-calibur slides. I sent mine in along with a vortex venom. Hope to get it back in the next couple of weeks. Will post pics for those lurking that are interested. 

Edited by Bonusfrag
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is still curious about this topic.  I just got the slide back from Patriot Defense after less than 3 wks from the time of sending the slide to them (one of the weeks being the crazy ice-pocalypse Texas endured, where someone was shutdown).  I am a noob to this, but looks to be quality craftsmanship.  The RDS is mounted very securely on the slide.  I am excited to go sight in and shoot it.  Cheers.

IMG_4553.JPG

18 minutes ago, Bonusfrag said:

In case anyone is still curious about this topic.  I just got the slide back from Patriot Defense after less than 3 wks from the time of sending the slide to them (one of the weeks being the crazy ice-pocalypse Texas endured, where someone was shutdown).  I am a noob to this, but looks to be quality craftsmanship.  The RDS is mounted very securely on the slide.  I am excited to go sight in and shoot it.  Cheers.

Are there recoil busses of any sort machined into the slide? It looks like the Venom is free-floating on the sides where the busses would go.

It does look like the back of the optic has some support so that's good!