Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how to fix burst fire?

just got done on my PCC build and I'm using timney calvin elite trigger and it happens to burst fire occasionally when i do rapid fire.

is this normal with the trigger or i need to do something to stop this?  i search but i can't find an answer any help is appreciated!!

Simple solution.......Press the butt of the gun into your shoulder with more force. It will eliminate the bounce and subsequently your problem. This is a common problem with lite triggers. The Calvin trigger is the very best trigger available for a PCC !

42 minutes ago, Puma said:

Simple solution.......Press the butt of the gun into your shoulder with more force. It will eliminate the bounce and subsequently your problem. This is a common problem with lite triggers. The Calvin trigger is the very best trigger available for a PCC !

I would say this is a very opinionated post ^_^...      if the problem were to be fixed by shouldering the gun harder, what should he do when he has to stick the gun through a tall port and shoot down at a small boy when the gun isn't shouldered at all?   

Have someone qualified look at the trigger and belt, see what's going on.   I'm running a hyperfire eclipse and I have never been able to even induce a berp even when trying to bump fire it so, get it looked at before you get a DQ or, worse an accident who knows ^_^.

I've found I can induce burst fire with a light buffer/bolt combination while not holding the gun tightly into my shoulder.

If I could keep my grip tight for every shot, the light buffer/bolt combination would be fine.  But occasionally we have shots (like a hard lean) that the gun is not on the shoulder.

My solution was to go heavier.  I went from a combined weight of 17.3 ounces to 20 ounces and the burst fire has not returned.

A buddy had doubles and triples at the last match with his Hiperfire. According to him at the safe table he'd gotten a little grease on the disconnector and removing it fixed the problem. You might want to check your engagement surfaces and make sure there isn't an excessive amount of oil or grease on them.

9 hours ago, Puma said:

This.

My granddaughter when she first started shooting would occasionally get doubles/bump fires. We would all shoot the gun and could never duplicate it. Figured out she was not holding stock tight against shoulder. Once we worked with her on this it eliminated the doubles.

If you eliminate this variable then go to trigger/buffer combo. 

gerritm

On 4/12/2018 at 12:51 PM, jom said:

i have a KAW 7.5 buffer spring combo, and someone told me to put Quarters in the buffer tube is that really helps?

If by 7.5 you mean 7.5 ounces for your buffer weight then you don't need any spacing at all. 

Pull the bolt all the way back until it stops. Hold it back while at the same time engaging the bolt catch. Continue engaging the bolt catch and release the bolt. You'll notice the bolt only travels a quarter of and inch, or so, before it is stopped by the bolt catch. This is the way you want it.  

Edited by MikieM
22 hours ago, jom said:

someone told me to put Quarters in the buffer tube ?

I have NO experience with PCC's, but have been reading these

posts for a decade.

I'd carefully examine the posting from Aircooled6racer (above).

He seems to be an expert on the subject    :) 

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I have NO experience with PCC's, but have been reading these

posts for a decade.

I'd carefully examine the posting from Aircooled6racer (above).

He seems to be an expert on the subject    :) 

Hello: I don't know about being an expert but I have tried lots of stuff on my PCC's. I have also seen alot of them around here so i do get to see what works and what does not. That trigger does not work in a PCC and that is why they brought out another one that will work so they say in a PCC. I have not seen the new Timney trigger for a PCC so I can't say how well it works. If you have a stock AR trigger I would see if that works 100%. If not then it maybe that your lower is out of spec. Thanks, Eric