Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

INFINITY MAG PROBLEM

chase214

Has anyone had a problem with infinity mags. I shot a match this weekend and and was using new mags my the 140mm mag I was using had rounds get jammed up beside one another and when I was loading it on the 10th round it you could shake it and the round was rattling in the mag I tried hitting the bottom of the mag with my hand to get the rounds to lay right but nothing I did worked has anyone had this problem . The only part of the mag that is not infinity is the TTI base pad.

The only mag I had function 100% all day was the new style sti mag

Infinity springs and followers are not great,   Take the spring out and look at it. If the springs look cattywampus replace the guts with Graham’s and this should not be an issue. 

I have had the same issue with 10 rd MBX mags. Bottom two rounds get jammed and the mag will feed a couple of rounds then stop. When you take the mag out all remaining rounds are loose in the body except for the jammed ones.

I talked to John at Speedshooter about the problem and he suggested cleaning the mag and hen running a silicone impregnated gun cleaning cloth through it. No more problems since doing this.

16 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

Infinity springs and followers are not great,   Take the spring out and look at it. If the springs look cattywampus replace the guts with Graham’s and this should not be an issue. 

The spring is not strait. Iv got grams on the way

The core issue is the tube is a little too wide.  If you are not mechanically inclined don't attempt to squeeze it down a little, you'll wind up causing more issues to the tube.  I'd contact infinity and see what they'll do.

48 minutes ago, Glk21C said:

The core issue is the tube is a little too wide.  If you are not mechanically inclined don't attempt to squeeze it down a little, you'll wind up causing more issues to the tube.  I'd contact infinity and see what they'll do.

I'm gonna call them in the morning

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 2:28 PM, chase214 said:

Has anyone had a problem with infinity mags. I shot a match this weekend and and was using new mags my the 140mm mag I was using had rounds get jammed up beside one another and when I was loading it on the 10th round it you could shake it and the round was rattling in the mag I tried hitting the bottom of the mag with my hand to get the rounds to lay right but nothing I did worked has anyone had this problem . The only part of the mag that is not infinity is the TTI base pad.

The only mag I had function 100% all day was the new style sti mag

Mic it with calipers. You may have to give it a squeeze in a vice.