Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser sight

Used one Sunday, great for awkward leans or quick shots. Green is the only way to go. Visible in bright daylight out to about 10-15 yards depending on target & background. Have a Crimson Trace CMR-206 mounted on rail in front of my red dot. Co witnessed with red dot.

gerritm

taccom5.jpg

Have a Crimson Trace Green CMR-206 mounted on a rail @ 12 o'clock right where my thumb rests in my grip for the last 12 mounths. Good for awkward leans or quick shots.  Visible in bright daylight out to about 10 yards depending on target & background the lower the light levels ( clouds, overcast, indoors...) the farther it is visible. BZO @ 3 yards about 1.5" low @ 7-10 yards anything farther than that i will use the primary optic.  

1 minute ago, mike NM said:

Dig a little deeper (enos).... You need not spend BIG $$$$, as the Gov. limits power output.... $25.00=$250.00.. Go green.

Which $25 green laser is as bright as a Cmr-206, holds zero, and lasts?

2 hours ago, Garmil said:

Which $25 green laser is as bright as a Cmr-206, holds zero, and lasts?

The one on my gun.... Read the fed. gov. limits on output

The rifle is a CZ Scorpion, laser is"Piney". I have 2 more with a different name's on the box BUT they look the same.  E Bay $25.00..I have quite a few match's shot with it BUT I don't always have it turned on. Bright in the Arizona sun. Plenty good enough for our needs.I'm not intersted in getting into a debate... Buy whatever one you wish.... Buy the rechargibile batteries & charger (guess where).

46 minutes ago, mike NM said:

The one on my gun.... Read the fed. gov. limits on output

The rifle is a CZ Scorpion, laser is"Piney". I have 2 more with a different name's on the box BUT they look the same.  E Bay $25.00..I have quite a few match's shot with it BUT I don't always have it turned on. Bright in the Arizona sun. Plenty good enough for our needs.I'm not intersted in getting into a debate... Buy whatever one you wish.... Buy the rechargibile batteries & charger (guess where).

That looks like it weighs a ton compared to the CMR-206

https://www.amazon.com/Pinty-Hunting-Rifle-Adjustable-Mounts/dp/B019Q05CNY

Crimson Trace gives you a free battery every year.. My CMR-206's were $143 on sale with $50 rebate so $93ea.. US manufactured and meets US laser safety standards, I was a Laser Safety Officer when I was on Active Duty lasers are no joke you can damage your eyes with a out of spec laser real fast and have to live with it the rest of your life.. I personally wont trust my eyesight to chinese quality control and conformance to US Safety standards to save a buck...

Edited by 2011BLDR
57 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

Just ordered the 206 from Amazon.  There's a "get one free" deal that you get a CMR-201 red dot version if you buy any Crimson Trace laser.  So, looks like I will have a red dot version on another PCC to try out. :P

Where or what is that deal? 

Nevermind, found the rebate coupon.

Edited by mscott
15 hours ago, BartCarter said:

Just ordered the 206 from Amazon.  There's a "get one free" deal that you get a CMR-201 red dot version if you buy any Crimson Trace laser.  So, looks like I will have a red dot version on another PCC to try out. :P

THANKS for posting that!   Just ordered the 206...looking forward to having  a red and a green for less than $125 together!