Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Mr Bullet Feeder gone crazy..help!

Have had my MBF on my 650 for about 18 months and ran right out of the box....9 mm magic.

Then my count of upside down BBI started to increase. So my mantra of “ No good deed goes unpunished “ came riding into town.

I readjusted the angle of the tub as recommended by DA and while I was at it cleaned the plate and tub.

Reassemble and BHAM....I now have every other Bullet upside down , bunching up by the ramp and falling everywhere.

i readjusted the ramp slide and angle of the tub to no avail......

What the Hell am I doing wrong ???.........

Any suggestions, experiences , or just laughing at me if fine also.

How to screw up an almost perfect machine..............

2 hours ago, AWLAZS said:

Watch the bullets feed why are they tipping upside down.

A lot of bullets are upside down in the collator and get flipped by the ramp thing before they go down the tube.  If you watch while it operates, you should be able to see right away if they're being flipped upright like they're supposed to be.  If not, you need to adjust the inserts next to the ramp and that should solve the problem.  Sometimes those inserts fall out and that keeps the bullets from getting flipped upright.  At least that what happens with mine.

Yep. First check your tub is at about 45 degrees. Next check the in and out of the shim stack so that with your bullet profile right side up bullets continue unmolested but upside down ones drop. Then check the shim stack height to make sure it is correct for the dropped, upside down bullets that the steps in it flip the bullet to horizontal. Then check the stepped ramp that is it in or our enough to catch the newly flipped round and continue it on to upright will also allowing the good right side up ones from the start to continue on on unmolested.

You have to be up looking down at things as the mrbf is doing its work. You can not fix or diagnose from the bottom.

Thanks for your help! ...Rowdy...returned everything to manual specs. 45 degrees on the tub and level. Ramp adjusted.....back to where I started...Bullets goingin upside down!!.....no more piling up or spilling but the bad flips a PITA.

Any other thoughts appreciated 

Thanks to all for responding.............

Did you adjust the shim pack? Mine worked loose, causing all sorts of problems a while back. Something else that causes problems is a moving bench, it does not take much.  I cleaned the bench, removing ~30lbs of stuff and started having flipped bullets. Put the weight back (bench isn't screwed to wall) then everything went back to working properly.

Put a bunch of bullets in the MBF and disconnect the spring chute from the dropper and set up something to catch the bullets. Let it run continuously while making a video of the bullet flipper area with your phone or whatever. Step through the video to see what is going on.

Check that there isnt a bullet stuck under the clicker arm when I start getting upside downs I reach up and remove that bullet stuck in the clicker ((% of the time that is the problem I havent figured out a solution to that without modifying the arm.