Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Julien, really? Is Eric going to shoot Standard after the next WS? Man that would be cool. He's even better with a standard gun.

Dave, you're right. They probably said the same about Leatham. But with Eric, it's scary. When he turns up at a match, you KNOW he'll win. I mean, he had some jams at the last WS and still beats the 2nd place by 4%. He shot the French nationals Standard div., the second guy came in at about 80%. He shoots poppers weak hand at 50 yards with .25 splits. He's just a maniac. (Of course, so is Leatham, but that's not the point here :))

Quote: from Flexmoney on 3:10 pm on Jan. 15, 2003

Phil,

Who is this BJ Norris punk???      

Let's try this again......

Punk am I?!?!?! We'll see what happens at the next match we both show up at!

P.S.

Phil,

You're not out of the running, all you gotta do is shoot faster. And you have been High Law for like 5 Nationals running right?

(Edited by IPSC G34 at 11:10 pm on Jan. 17, 2003)

Hey guys, what about our pres M. Voigt.  Yeah I know he wins three gun every year, but he's also in the top 3-5 open and limited every year too.

Just one thought.

And KC. is f'ing amazing, with Jojo as a coach man that young man is destine for prominence.

I think Mike is tops -

I would vote Douggie K as the best all around shooter on the planet though.

Max is going to win a nationals. I didn't list him because I pretty much see it as inevitable.

As for the youngsters - the jury is still out. I don't see a "Tiger Woods" in the sport right now - and like Golf, experience seems to mean a lot in this game.

Personally I don't know what Tawn is doing these days - but if he picked up a blaster and shot tomorrow I'd pick him as a candidate to win the match.

JB

Ted did win the worlds one year in Brazil.

I knew Tawn was teaching - didn't know about the principle gig. Still a top notch guy - we don't talk anymore but somehow I consider him a good friend still. Ironically a lot of people from my shooting past are like that - don't talk to them but consider them friends.

Doug Boykin was a great shooter. He taught me a lot, both about shooting and about life. When I first met him he was a celebrity, he was IT. Things happened and I don't believe he enjoyed shooting as much - so he quit. Life has a way of dealing its own hand, somehow I know Doug will always emerge on top. Most certainly it is because he deserves the best that life can offer.

JB

Ted also won Standard class in England (or one of the others WS) as well.  He would shoot with us every so often and I remember he was a world champion even before he went to Brazil.  

He's off doing IDPA now, but having him drop in on our local man-on-man pin shoot and me the only person knowing who he was was priceless..

Mike Voigt v. Doug Koenig. Hmm.  Celebrity death match time.

I've never seen Doug shoot but I am aware of his awesome record.  It seems to me that Mike is a broader shooter than Doug however.  Mike has been on top in more different kinds of events than anybody.  He's won the Arizona State sporting clays championship.  He's won the International Tactical Marksman match w/ Bennie Cooley twice.  He easily won the first USPSA manually operated rifle match. He's won every major three gun match from SOF to the 3 Gun nationals.  he's been on top STC teams. Oh yeah and the World Shoot.  He does not have as many pistol victories as Doug but I don't think Doug has had the rifle and shotgun success that Mike has had.  Not that he can't shoot em' though.

Tawn has not been shooting lately but I always thought he deserved to win a nationals.  That boy can really drive an open gun!

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear from you good buddy! (thread drift mode on) The SX2 has done 3 strange things:

1) At the NRA Range 3gun, w/ Walmart remington shells, it spit enormous flames out of the ejection port! Greg was amazed. If I had brought some marshmellows & sticks . . .

2) It choked 2x on Winchester slugs and 3x on Rem Low Recoil but ate up S&B w/o a problem. Locked it back for 2 weeks & will try again.

3) It was dead on from the factory w/ slugs. Then I cleaned it, reassembled,  and shot one of the NRA Range 3 gun matches. After the slug stage, Heidi asks me "Did you mean to shoot them all in the upper A/B zone??" The POI had mysteriously shifted up 8 inches @ 25 yards! Had to lower rear sight all the way - it is now so hard to see, I just use the scope mount as a rear leaf.

I took your advice & got a GSSF 17 (see my post on the Glock forum).  The other day, we picked up the steel to line Phil's range walls for IDPA and IPSC matches- it should be up by the time you read this. Indoor matches will soon be on!  Lookin forward to shooting the SC sectional again and maybe even the Pan Am. Will see you soon!! D.

Ha ha gmw2b - just wait til' I get to the next 3gun match! You best practice, son.