Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet Feeder PRO

Just ran my first batch of ammo last night with the new Mr. Bullet Feeder Pro attached to the 1050.  Wow, why did I ever load without one before?  That thing is awesome!  Without even going fast I was able to get 600 rounds in 26 minutes.  That included clearing 1 upside down case from the casefeeder and stopping every 100 rounds to refill the primer tube.

For those who are on the fence about a bullet feeder, I highly recommend doing it.  It is awesome!!!

Next up is the Mark 7 autodrive.... must save up $$.

This PRO version is all but unnecessary unless you are in the ammo selling business. The standard MBF will let you load 1200 an hour without breaking a sweat.

The slowest Mark 7 tops out at 1800 RPH. The fastest 2400 RPH. I am guessing that the folks that have already dropped the coin on a 1050 and MK7 would think that the price is "reasonable". ;)

Now I have to get back to work on my "Mr. Primer Feeder" design... :P

I just finally bought the standard MBF for my 1050.  Damn works like a charm.  Finally caved after trying to get my $28 dollar Hornady bullet feeder (google it) to work on my 1050 with lead-coated bullets. Worked ok for FMH, but not for lead and the location of the case feeder on the 1050 requires smaller filler tubes to work with Hornady bullet feeder die.

Anyway... $470 bucks later (still hurts spending that much on BF, but heck it works) all i can say is that it works great..  Save me time and frustration reloading and that is all that matters to me at this point.  

My only COMPLAINT with the MBF is that they should provide some sort of support or bracket to better support the flex spring.  You need to play with the setup location on the collator to ensure it does not sag or bind up the bullet feeder die.  For the price point of this product, this should have been better sorted out... or at provide a few different spring tube lengths to fit your setup... 

Other than that, it's a great product.  Once you get over the high price point, you will be glad you have one...

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

The slowest Mark 7 tops out at 1800 RPH. The fastest 2400 RPH. I am guessing that the folks that have already dropped the coin on a 1050 and MK7 would think that the price is "reasonable". ;)

Well, one could argue 95% of the guys who dropped that coin don’t need all that automation either. They just want it.

Putting the MBF on its own mount thats separate from the 1050 really helped out.  I got it positioned just about right and then was able to change the tension on the spring simply by raising or lowering the collator on the mount.

When getting all this to fit I was surprised at how little room there ends up being on the 1050 toolhead.  For instance the powder measure has literally 1-2 mm of clearance between it and the primer alerter and the MBF bullet dropper.  Hmmm doesn't the Evolution/Revolution have a bigger toolhead :)

Of course the best addition would be if Mark VII made their primer collator attachable to the 1050.  Something tells me that's not gonna happen though.

While it is obviously overshadowed by the higher price, it is nice that the pro has the different drop assembly.  The larger brass piece seems to cure the dropper being stuck.  Hopefully that will move down to the regular MBF product as well.  Anyway, my regular MBF's drop fine with the hair-tie mod.

Yeah the telescoping mount is definitely cool although I'm sure making your own wouldn't be that hard.  Since my press sits on the Inline strong mount I had to find a longer piece of aluminum for the mount.  But definitely having the collator mounted separate from the press helps a lot.  The spring tension can be adjusted to just the correct amount by adjusting the telescoping mount.  And the heavier duty bullet dropper is also a definite bonus.  Even though the Pro is more expensive, it's nice to see the beefier construction and I'm sure it'll last at least as long as the 1050 does.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:29 PM, V2plus25 said:

...  Even though the Pro is more expensive, it's nice to see the beefier construction and I'm sure it'll last at least as long as the 1050 does.

For me that would be about 7-8K rounds as that is when the bolt on the other side of the press from the handle sheared off. Tech support solution is to use a Easy Out to get the bolt out and replace with another bolt. I will do that soon and dump the 1050 on the market if the Evolution press works out to be viable. Not happy with Dillon at all as even my 650 had quality issues with no help from their tech support. It is unusable at the moment until I have a day to take it all apart and try to fix the case feeding mechanism. I think overall quality has gone downhill. Can't wait to get rid of all Dillon products.

1 hour ago, tanks said:

For me that would be about 7-8K rounds as that is when the bolt on the other side of the press from the handle sheared off. Tech support solution is to use a Easy Out to get the bolt out and replace with another bolt. I will do that soon and dump the 1050 on the market if the Evolution press works out to be viable. Not happy with Dillon at all as even my 650 had quality issues with no help from their tech support. It is unusable at the moment until I have a day to take it all apart and try to fix the case feeding mechanism. I think overall quality has gone downhill. Can't wait to get rid of all Dillon products.

Every mechanical machine will have its own problems at some point. I'm at 3300 rounds now on the 1050 and all the issues I've had have been easy fixes so far. My 550B has about 30k rounds on it without any serious mechanical breakages. 

That being said, maybe Dillon quality has gone downhill as everyone tries to shave operating/production costs and do more with less. Who knows for sure.  Shearing the bolt off at 7-8K rounds shouldn't happen. Guess it was a bad bolt. I've gotten quite a few lately from Home Depot that have broken too easily. Chinese "quality" manufacturing perhaps?

I've read good reviews about the Evolution, but even current users of those are experiencing growing pains. It would be nice to have a 1050 and an Evolution to compare them side-by-side eventually ?

Edited by V2plus25

On 3/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, V2plus25 said:

I've read good reviews about the Evolution, but even current users of those are experiencing growing pains. It would be nice to have a 1050 and an Evolution to compare them side-by-side eventually ?

Where have you read reviews on the Evolution ?  Any chance you have links ?

I didn’t think  these were shipping int I’ll  the end of March beginning of April. 

4 hours ago, tmz said:

Where have you read reviews on the Evolution ?  Any chance you have links ?

I didn’t think  these were shipping int I’ll  the end of March beginning of April. 

Sorry I misspoke.  The reviews are on the more expensive Revolution.  You are correct the Evolution is shipping to dealers this month and then consumers thereafter.  I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison of both the 1050 and Evolution with the autodrive on them.

I have to keep the primer tube and case collator full,  I just add a scoop of bullets, a scoop of cases with each tube of primers.

Me too...

I do see the heavier dropper is being offered separately. Anyone retro-ed it to the standard MBF yet?

On 3/9/2018 at 12:12 PM, Sarge said:

Well, one could argue 95% of the guys who dropped that coin don’t need all that automation either. They just want it.

No one NEEDS to play in shooting competitions either. This entire hobby is all about wants, not needs.

The rest of us are just jealous of the guys who have robot from The Jetsons making their ammo for them. :D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

20 minutes ago, kernelofwisdom said:

Mr. BulletFeeder Pro - a closer look

Price: Ouch!  

Haha I was thinking that about the Revolution as well.

But yeah the Pro is pretty awesome.