Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gray Guns trigger kit for the P320

Resjudicata

6 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Do these only work in the post-recall guns or is that statement CYA for liability purposes?

Same question for the Apex trigger bar.

The latest GGI is post trigger upgrade only, I don’t know if the Apex trigger bar is the same.

7 minutes ago, Rjracing said:

The latest GGI is post trigger upgrade only, I don’t know if the Apex trigger bar is the same.

According to the websites both the GG and Apex stuff only works with a factory upgraded gun. I have no idea what the difference really is on the Apex stuff. The GG kit has more parts so I understand why it can only work on an upgraded gun.

3 minutes ago, Resjudicata said:

According to the websites both the GG and Apex stuff only works with a factory upgraded gun. I have no idea what the difference really is on the Apex stuff. The GG kit has more parts so I understand why it can only work on an upgraded gun.

I was looking at the PELT 2 trigger by itself.  I did notice the competition kit says "intended for" and "designed for" use in voluntary upgrade guns.  I don't see it saying that it only works in post-ipgrade guns.

I'm not sure if the trigger bar changed with the recall.

6 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

I was looking at the PELT 2 trigger by itself.  I did notice the competition kit says "intended for" and "designed for" use in voluntary upgrade guns.  I don't see it saying that it only works in post-ipgrade guns.

I'm not sure if the trigger bar changed with the recall.

Only one way to find out! Let us know how it goes when you receive your kit and install it haha

I'm with Indy - "intended & designed" for - doesn't say it won't work. I've got two P-320's unaltered and one coming back from Sig so I'm certain it'll work in at least one of them. Bettin' it'll work in all three! 

I don't see why there would be an issue in using the trigger alone in a pre-upgraded gun. Part of the upgrade was to switch to a lighter weight trigger shoe so that it had less inertia. So basically using the GG trigger would be doing half of the ugrade. Maybe.

I finally found my trigger pull gauge. I installed the GGI kit in my RX Compact. The average of five pulls is 3 pounds 12 ounces. Very happy with that. The trigger pull is reasonable short smooth and the break is smooth and clean without too much weight at the break.

The kit is easy to install. Though I did use a fine stone on any surface that would touch something else during the trigger pull. Overall very happy.

15 hours ago, titandriver said:

I echo Resjudicata - you will not be disappointed with this kit! While I wouldn't recommend the PELT trigger, the competition kit is a whole 'nother story!

I agree completely. I have one and it was night and day after installing. I even polished all internals of my FCU and it did not make a "huge" difference because Bruce  has put so much attention to detail in creating these kits. 

On 3/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, Resjudicata said:

Well, according to their site the kits sold out in about an hour. They say that another batch is in the works.

Yea, I was on the wait list, but, we were out to eat.

When I got home, I saw the email, and was disappointed that they were sold out.

So, I'm back on the wait list.:(

5 hours ago, RH45 said:

Yea, I was on the wait list, but, we were out to eat.

When I got home, I saw the email, and was disappointed that they were sold out.

So, I'm back on the wait list.:(

Yeah, I got lucky and just happened to check the website and saw they were available. Did the checkout quickly and then went to my email and saw that I got an email from them 3 minutes before I checked the website. I was very lucky on timing. Hopefully they post some more soon for everyone else who is waiting.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...