Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics forum

MrSmith

15 hours ago, Kenj59 said:

Another new guy that would like a CO forum. I bought a P320 X5 just to shoot Cary optics, I have no plans to shoot production. 

I am by no means a new guy, but I did the same with a G17. 

I was looking for the carry optics discussion and found this thread.  I too am in favor of a separate section.

I want to find comparisons of the various "ready to mount" guns that folks are currently using.  This would be far easier in a dedicated section.

How is carry optics going on competitor numbers in the US? Is popularity growing? Ipsc production optics seems really slow on the take up here in Australia.  Last match I shot with about 190 odd competitors we only had 4 production optics. I do hope it gains popularity it’s a lot of fun to shoot.

6 minutes ago, franky72 said:

How is carry optics going on competitor numbers in the US? Is popularity growing? Ipsc production optics seems really slow on the take up here in Australia.  Last match I shot with about 190 odd competitors we only had 4 production optics. I do hope it gains popularity it’s a lot of fun to shoot.

CO 1 0 2 1 0 0 4 8
LTD10 3 0 0 0 0 1 4 8
OPEN 6 4 3 1 0 4 2 20
PROD 0 3 5 2 0 1 5 16
REV 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 2
SS 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 3
Total 11 8 13 4 0 6 15

Last weekends indoor local monthly match 57 shooters 20 open, 16 Prod, 8 CO, 8 limited

2 revo, 3 SS

Edited by jcc7x7

It’s always funny to see the numbers at other locations. Around here, there would be 25-30 Limited shooters, 5-10 Open shooters, a few PCCs, and CO/SS/L10/revo split pretty evenly for the remainder.