Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 mags

reballz

6 hours ago, tcazes said:

i have had mbx mags...no real complaints.

i have the gen 2 new sti mags and they run but my upula mag loader plastic thingy hates them

svi mags are perfect in every way shape and form and i love them plain and simple lol

Brazos commented in FS article on where to trim the uplula to work with new STI tubes.

Ok, I am ready to pony up for the MBX. If they run, then I will be happy. I drive 2 hours each way to matches and it sucks to have issues.

Currently running STI gen 2, grams guts and TTI basepads. Match today and tanked 4 of the six stages due to nosedives in first 5 Rds. Both in the big stick and a 140.

Atlas now has their video up on tuning the Gen 2 mags. Will give it a try, but time to tinker is not something I have. Barely have time to live fire practice.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:10 PM, Broncman said:

Ok, I am ready to pony up for the MBX. If they run, then I will be happy. I drive 2 hours each way to matches and it sucks to have issues.

Currently running STI gen 2, grams guts and TTI basepads. Match today and tanked 4 of the six stages due to nosedives in first 5 Rds. Both in the big stick and a 140.

Atlas now has their video up on tuning the Gen 2 mags. Will give it a try, but time to tinker is not something I have. Barely have time to live fire practice.

I hate that as well.  My MBX have been solid.  Hope they are for you as well.

Broncman, if your 170 is Gen 1 use a Gen 1 follower.  You only have to mod the follower if you use a Gen 2 follower in a Gen 1 mag.  Gen 2 followers work perfectly in Gen 2 mags, without modification.  When in doubt, use Gen 1 followers in everything.  That's what I do now.  I have both Gens and it simplifies things.