Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Open Lim10

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave is correct on all accounts. In light of his (and Keith's) pointing out that I am the village idiot I appreciate you all not pointing fingers and snickering at me.

Today was only the second day. Good thing I didn't go or I'd be leaving before the damn match was even over :huh:

So based on what I'm seeing, Rob (Leatham that is) has a decent lead. About 30 points or so going into tomorrow. The tough read is Ron Avery and Jerry Miculek. They are on a different schedule but look to be shooting well.

Manny looks to be second, Dave two points behind, Phil about 20 points behind Dave and Blake about 2 points behind Phil.

Just got this email from Henning:

Friday Night, 2nd day of US Open Nationals...

I'm currently at 5th overall, 40 points behind Max Michel. I've won 2 out of 15 stages and placed 8th or better on 10 of them. Was a lot of dirt on the range today which resulted in two failure to feed. It probably cost me 15-20 points which could have put me at 2-3rd place. I have so far shot a clean match (have no penalties) and shot a total of 4 Deltas.

Three more stages to go tomorrow. It's tight, JJ, Jorge and I are within 6 points. Adam and Todd are 17 points behind me. Up to 2nd place is about 19-20 points (Chris). Tomorrow  I'll be chasing him and butting elbows with everybody for the highest possible finish. We have one nice and quick medium course, a speed shoot and a tricky mfr to finish it all off. So... it'll be an exciting day ;-D

After the banquet we're heading up to Toronto, Canada to compete at the Canadian Nationals starting Thursday next week.

Henning

Dave is correct on all accounts. In light of his (and Keith's) pointing out that I am the village idiot I appreciate you all not pointing fingers and snickering at me.

:lol: Come on, man, it's not *that* bad :) We'll make sure to snicker behind your back, though, and not subject you to it directly :)

Besides, I was saving you from the wrath of Bill.... Stats guys get cranky when they've been 10-keying it all day, and we bug them to get stuff up quicker... ;):lol: I know this from experience :)

I'd prefer that you do it to my face - that would indicate I was acually at a match - not a bad thing! ;)

Hoping for some kind of update in the next few hours.

Hey - did you guys know they're shooting a half day today???? :P

J

Yep, in fact I finished shooting an hour ago, so there should be some news soon.  Awards start tonight at 5.

Just finished on stage 18. The R.O. said I was a "creep" and penalized me -10 for it. Jeeze!

Had a great time. Now we're off to visit the Mark Twain stuff in Hannibal until the awards.

-Chet

PS - Bill Schwab looks much younger in person than his avatar would have you believe! :P

Any early word on L-10??? I'm house-bound today (cooking up a batch of my family's "straight from the old world" red sauce... Italian stuff...), and a little bored :)

Okay Schawb, how did you do?

Alan

Don't know yet. My mainspring died on the first two stages, so I killed stages 4 & 5, but replaced the spring and went on to do well. I was 16th starting today, but I only had three stages to shoot today (most people shot 4 stages, and some shot 5 today), so I dunno. I shot awesome today so we'll have to wait and see <_<

Dave took Lim-10 - as has been said.

Max looked to own Open - won by roughly 50 points.

Looks like Rob had a penalty on the last stage (which is amazing all things considered). Rob lost by 8 points so I'm certain he is mildly unhappy. I'm not 100% on all of this - just going off the posted results.

Looks like Julie G took high lady in lim-10. Looks like Kay grabbed high Lady Open.

Congrats to forum member Lee "I'm not going to try and spell your last name" D for breaking into the top 16 in open (14th I think)

Looks like Steve A was 17th. Jake was top 50 I believe.

I'll get through the rest of the results later - those were the names I noticed.

BTW - I've been screwing up data all week - so these are not concrete!

J

Hey, 69th! My best finish ever. And look, I beat the captain of the Air Force Shooting Team (again)...I guess that means I will never be a team member :D

Top Open...Max, JJ, and Chris...young Turks storming the ramparts! :P

Alex

Dos anyone know if Angus shot in open? I talked to him the day before he left last week and he said he was toying with the idea of shooting his production CZ 75 with 19 round mags in minor just to stir the pot. He said he probably wasn't going to do it though as most people would just look at the standings and wonder what happened to Angus?