Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo trigger reset

B_RAD

Ok. So, I've got my 3rd Tanfo (Stock 2). Can these be tweaked to have as short of a reset as the Shadows?  This one has a stock disconnecor and stock hammer. The reset feels close to what I remember the others had with all PD internals.  My Accushadow is quite a bit shorter. At least feels like it. Probably only measures out to be about 1/16". 

We all know who's successfully running tanfos but are they running them with the same reset as all us?  I know that if my technique is right and I watch the sights and don't try to double tap, I should be able to still pull .15 splits and not short stroke but let's be honest, who wants to do that. Double taps are fun.  Seriously, it'd still be nice to get as short of a reset as possible. 

I'd still like the reset to be as short as possible. That's why I'm asking. Don't want folks to get caught up on the spilts times. The shorter the reset the more forgiving it'll be the one time the technique isn't 100%. 

1 hour ago, Nathanb said:

Bolo

one piece sear

titan hammer

shiuld get you super short reset. I know mine is shorter than the cz guns I’ve fingered. 

Have you fingered a shadow with the short reset disco?

14 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Can these be tweaked to have as short of a reset as the Shadows?  

I've got 2 stock 2's and was a CZ groupie before I switched.

PD parts, one gun has effectively zero reset after just a drop in of the usual goodies, the other gun more similar to my CZ's. 

Manufacturing tolerances are wide in Tanfo land. I do not want 0 reset so I just whittled a bit to make both guns very close to the same. I do not know if the Tanfo variance is in the frame or trigger bar or etc., perhaps smarter people could put you on the right path. 

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

You guys are all confused. The bolo doesn't change the reset distance. 

Installation Directions-

1. Check single action function, first.  SA should drop and reset with the slide on.  If SA does not break or reset, remove material from angle 1, following the natural curve of the interrupter. This also applies if SA breaks, but does not reset.

14 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Alrighty then, not sure what you are getting at.  It changes the pretravel/takeup, but it doesn't change the reset distance

7 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Waktasz is correct, the BOLO does not change the reset (letting the trigger back out until the trigger bar jumps back in front of the sear leg on SA is what dictates that. The BOLO reduces/eliminates pre-travel. 

I guess I got confused because czc sells discos that are called short reset.  Thought I read in their description that it made the reset shorter?  Figured that was the same for the tanfo. Guess I was wrong. 

Good to know. The Stock 2 I've got has a pretty good trigger with all the stock parts and a 14# hammer spring and polishing. SA could be a tad bit more crisp but it's good. If I keep this gun, I'll probably keep it set up like it is. 

Thanks for the info. 

Edited by B_RAD

13 hours ago, waktasz said:

Alrighty then, not sure what you are getting at. 

Makes two of us.

Assumed it changed the reset cause you sometimes have to fiddle with it to enable reset. 

Bad assumption. 

On 12/27/2017 at 7:57 PM, Nathanb said:

Bolo

one piece sear

titan hammer

shiuld get you super short reset. I know mine is shorter than the cz guns I’ve fingered. 

You need to shoot more CZs. Mine was setup that way and still had about double the reset travel of a couple of my friends fully-pimped shadows.

It never bothered me at all and it shoots just as fast, but it did have more travel.

8 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Makes two of us.

Assumed it changed the reset cause you sometimes have to fiddle with it to enable reset. 

Bad assumption. 

If the trigger can't come forward enough after dropping the hammer yes, but that's because the actual trigger bar reset distance doesn't change, and the bolo is blocking the forward motion of the trigger.