Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How would you design your ideal Open Revolver?

I received an inquiry this week from Ruger via ICORE asking what design criteria I would like to see for a competition revolver. I have filled our my suggestions and forwarded them on. As  I am on a quest for a new "OPEN" Class revolver I thought I would ask what each of your would like to see in YOUR ideal gun.

Edited by 357454

What is ICORE Open?

....oh....

EQUIPMENT
5.1. All firearms used in ICORE matches must be revolvers with a .32 magnum caliber or greater.

5.3. Ammunition must produce a minimum power factor of 120.

5.7. A revolver must compete in the Open Division if it has one or more of the following modifications:

5.7.1. Compensating , venting, or metering ports of any kind.

5.7.2. An optical sight including telescopic and red dot sights.

Smooth trigger.

More shots is better. 10 shot Redhawk in .32, 8 shot GP100 in .32 --- or 8 shot Redhawk in 9mm or 38 because .32 isn't as common and you could use that gun in IPSC/USPSA, too?

About 5.5" or 6"barrel, including compensator.

Mounting for optic where the rear sight usually sits.

Moderate weight: PF is low in ICORE and those revolvers are not lightweight anyway.

My ideal open gun would have a short titanium cylinder chambered for 38 short colt, Eight shots with a 5 1/2" to 6"  barrel including comp. Weight should be @ 35 to 40 oz. Accuracy would be at least 2" at 20 yards and double action pull @ 6lbs. the top of the frame would be drilled and tapped to accept a C more sight. Grips would be Hogue Big Butt. it may as well come with an apex style hammer. No sense buying a "Competition"  gun and spending extra $$$ on parts.