Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev triggers (anyone have issues?)

Banacek

I had a Zev trigger in my G35 for two years and it stopped working.  The trigger was hitting the frame and it would not fire, I tried to change the over travel and broke the wrenches, Zev sent me a new trigger and that did not fix the problem.  Original trigger works fine.  

I went through 3 Zev triggers. In my G35 I kept having the portion of the trigger where they insert a small spring for the safety break. They covered the first two with a replacement item. Last one they didn't and that's when I switched to glocktriggers.com.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, phoenixsomd said:

I went through 3 Zev triggers. In my G35 I kept having the portion of the trigger where they insert a small spring for the safety break. They covered the first two with a replacement item. Last one they didn't and that's when I switched to glocktriggers.com.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I bought one from www.glockstore.com and it is working fine.   I will put the Zev into another Glock or sell it.  

On 10/9/2017 at 1:26 AM, sheepdog566 said:

I just installed a zev...was working fine dry fire then next day it started firing on trigger reset. Changed out the connector and it’s back to working order. Not real impressed so far.

Did you polish the Zev connector, i overpolished mine and had the same issue.

On 08/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, Banacek said:

I had a Zev trigger in my G35 for two years and it stopped working.  The trigger was hitting the frame and it would not fire, I tried to change the over travel and broke the wrenches, Zev sent me a new trigger and that did not fix the problem.  Original trigger works fine.  

seems like  the  over travel  was  adjusted  too far  . turning the  set screw  counter clockwise  a  8th  of  a  turn  would  have  fixed  the  problem  .

On 10/11/2017 at 5:49 PM, sigsauerfan said:

seems like  the  over travel  was  adjusted  too far  . turning the  set screw  counter clockwise  a  8th  of  a  turn  would  have  fixed  the  problem  .

I tried that and broke the L wrenches and yes this was after heating the trigger to loosen the locktite.  I did not try doing that on the replacement trigger since that was just sent to me and should have been set to proper factory specs.  

On 12/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, Banacek said:

I tried that and broke the L wrenches and yes this was after heating the trigger to loosen the locktite.  I did not try doing that on the replacement trigger since that was just sent to me and should have been set to proper factory specs.  

glock  are the  AK  of  semi auto  handguns.   specs  may  vary a little  from gun to gun....so  what you think is  the ideal  factory setting  on those  ZEV triggers  may  work on a  specific  gun ,not  so  much  on another  one.  that is  why they are  ajustable  in over travel and pre travel,so  you  can  pin point the  feel  of  the trigger  you like the most. of  course, you must  make  sure  you  have  the correct  key  to  adjust  both set  screw.

Edited by sigsauerfan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a zev Tech ultimate in four guns: 17, 21, 34 and 35.

First two work great with basically no adjustments....the 34 & 35 have just never adjusted properly. I have tried every permutation of pre and over travel adjustment...sent it back to zev. No luck. 

Id like to think it’s the long slide glocks that are the problem but I know that’s not it. I guess stamped parts and polymer frames just vary and  no two are alike out of the box....

On 12/2/2017 at 3:38 PM, Covfefe said:

I have a zev Tech ultimate in four guns: 17, 21, 34 and 35.

First two work great with basically no adjustments....the 34 & 35 have just never adjusted properly. I have tried every permutation of pre and over travel adjustment...sent it back to zev. No luck. 

Id like to think it’s the long slide glocks that are the problem but I know that’s not it. I guess stamped parts and polymer frames just vary and  no two are alike out of the box....

I bought a Pyramid trigger at the GlockStore and it is working in the G35.  I will use the Zev in my G31 or try it in my G41.  Both triggers are good but I am still wondering why it worked fine for 2 years.  

4 minutes ago, mattmann said:

My brother has one on his Glock 17 and it is almost full auto. He said it scared him to death and was embarrassed when everyone on the line looked at him lol

That would scare me as well the first time!  :-)  Did it work for awhile and then go full auto or was it full auto when first installed?  

That would scare me as well the first time!  :-)  Did it work for awhile and then go full auto or was it full auto when first installed?  

It was really strange. Still is. He doesn’t shoot it much and is switching it out for a different one now. It’s almost like binary fire. Shoots and then shoots when it resets. Super dangerous really. Especially for a $250 trigger. It’s been like that since day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when it does  this, just  pinching the  tab that  rubs  against the  striker  legs    with a  long noze  and  give  it  couple microns  up  should  rule  out the problem. i  say MICRONS .  that means  applying just a  little  pressure  in the  upward direction . 

i  got this  when i  reworked  my  zev units  trying to  lower  even more  the  trigger break weight. the line  is  very fine  between getting accidental doubles  and   extracting  100%  of  the  trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you contact Zev about the issue?  I am curious what they have told customers.  

They sent me a new connector. I can’t recall they’re exact explanation. I think they mentioned the faulty connector may have been bent. Other shooters(some armorers) say that Zev are known for these problems and need to be replaced with greater frequency than stock parts

• 6 months later...