Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI magazine springs

cpa5oh

I need new springs for my 140mm magazines.  I use Grams followers.  Grams replacement springs are out of stock at both places I normally would buy stuff from (shooters connection and CPWSA).  There are other options available: arredondo "+10%", wolff, taran tactical, MBX, and ISMI.  Anyone have any recommendation on what I should get?  Not sure which will work with Grams followers.  Other option is to just buy Grams spring/follower kits - it's double the cost but maybe it's the way to go?

I recommend never to mix/match spring and follower companies.  Or Baseplates, if you can help it, but that's less of an issue.  It isn't unreasonable to replace your followers once a year or so, but they need replaced far less often than springs.

^^^^^^^what this guy said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

I recommend never to mix/match spring and follower companies.  Or Baseplates, if you can help it, but that's less of an issue.  It isn't unreasonable to replace your followers once a year or so, but they need replaced far less often than springs.

Many followers and springs are not interchangeable. Followers practically never wear out so unless they have 100k rounds on them I would just wait for the springs to come in stock. Then buy  a few 10 packs of each size you need and don't run out next time. 

Basepads can be mix and matched without issue. They are personal preference.

18 hours ago, Sarge said:

Many followers and springs are not interchangeable. Followers practically never wear out so unless they have 100k rounds on them I would just wait for the springs to come in stock. Then buy  a few 10 packs of each size you need and don't run out next time. 

Basepads can be mix and matched without issue. They are personal preference

Listen to Sarge on this one. He know what he is talking about

• 3 weeks later...