Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75b full size, what new grips?

Max It

HI Ya, not small but medium size hands: now that my current CZ grips broke should i go for aluminum thin grips?

Or will they feel the cold more when i shoot up north as someone suggested on a review i read?

I went for the thin Aluminum grips (the ones with grip tape) and found them to be wanting.  Not a good shape, and not enough 'grip' to prevent moving in your hand.  I just bought a set of LOK thin Boggies and they are perfect.  They are not so aggressive they hurt soft hands.  The gun stays put, but not so much that you cannot shift your grip.

I ran Hogue wrap around palmswells for 20 matches, and had issues with mags not dropping free at the worst times - but they do feel great w/ a medium size hand. I have some thin aluminums that just dont do it for me. too small, no meat for support hand, too slippy.
I've since gone to a the LOK G10 Palmswell and they are pretty fat, but they are magically grippy - especially for the palm of my support hand. We shot 5 hours yesterday in near 100 degree heat.. A little hand dry lotion when called on deck, and no problems at all.  really solid once the beeper goes off.

The thin AL grips have one of the thinnest profiles. They are definitely different than the OEM grips, and can be colder feeling, although, if it is really cold, the steel frame is going to make more of a difference, since that will contact your fingers. You could always try VZ grips- good texture, lots of color options. 

Not sure if this is going to end my search; I read OP post about cold or hot weather affect on thin aluminum so I bought on eBay. Anatomical plastic or rubber. I'll post when they arrive. Oh, and $20. Including.  

The aluminum thin grips with the triangular cutout for grip tape are terrible.  I grip the gun hard and still had problems with my support hand staying with the gun during recoil.

The thick aggressive checker "lemon grater" grips that CZ Custom sells are the heat.  They might seem a little sharp at first, but you'll get used to them within a week of dry fire.  I can't recommend them highly enough.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, jtrump said:
I picked up a set of LOK palm swell bogies.  Very nice, and a great price.

I run them on all of my Shadows.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, JP221 said:
The aluminum thin grips with the triangular cutout for grip tape are terrible.  I grip the gun hard and still had problems with my support hand staying with the gun during recoil.

The thick aggressive checker "lemon grater" grips that CZ Custom sells are the heat.  They might seem a little sharp at first, but you'll get used to them within a week of dry fire.  I can't recommend them highly enough.

The aluminum thin grips worked for me if the entire grip was wrapped with skater tape.

I didn't feel that the lemon graters offered enough grip.

ecbc160cbd9baf5178fd3f65c5412455.jpg

LOK Grip.jpg

Edited by himurax13

7 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

I run them on all of my Shadows.

The aluminum thin grips worked for me if the entire grip was wrapped with skater tape.

I didn't feel that the lemon graters offered enough grip.

Same. LOK grips are the way to go. 

I do like these SSI Scales 2.0, but I may go back to LOK grips.

I run the Lok palmswell boggie's on my TSO.  I have the CZC thin AI grips on my SP01 and they work fine.  I have not used them in the cold though, so no idea how comfortable (or not) they are  when shooting in the winter, which I don't normally do. :)

11 hours ago, jinn707 said:

I use LOK palm swells, but not in the bogie pattern.  I usually order them in the roughneck pattern.  The diamond checkering feels better for me than the golf ball pattern.

I wasn't aware they made a different pattern. Do you have a pic?

• 2 months later...

the $20 grips i bought were a mistake; they are for an old model CZ75 i guess.

so i went to Cajun Gun Works and bought his aluminum grips. they are fine for me, at least here where cold is 60deg.