Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whose Parts?? (CZ TS)

90lxracer

I've ended up with a couple CZ TS's that are stock.. Being new to the whole CZ thing whose parts are the bee's knees for these bad boys? Cagun? I think that's about all I know.. I mean of course CZC, are there others out there?

I guess it then begs the question.. But way to further optimize the guns? There are both in 40. 

Thanks!

Fiber optic front sight, czc magwell, czc extended base pads, +10 spring/follower kit, upgrade grips to whatever suits your hand (full size grips will need to be trimmed down to fit czc magwell).

Competition hammer?  Flat aluminum trigger?  Adjustable rear sight?

90, TS guns really don't need optimizing other than front sights, mag base pads and possibly grips.  Why not wait until something wears and needs/wants replacing before you spend a lot of money on things that will do you no good.

When I got my TS in 40, the only things I did were change the front sight to a Dawson FO, buy a fourth mag, and buy four CZC extended base pads.  It ran like a top for three or four seasons.  It always had some minor irritations such as a trigger pin that always inched its way out, and a little bit of creep in the trigger.  Accuracy started to fall off.  I decided to send it off to Cajun Gun Works to have 'the works' done to it.  As an aside, I'll recommend you send your gun to CZ Custom for any work required.  Superior work.

Anyway, $560 later (new sear, hammer, transfer bar, trigger, trigger pin, 10X bushing, smoothing and polishing and other stuff I don't remember) my TS shoots no better than when new.  The little bit of creep is gone.  Other than that, the trigger pull is no different than before, and certainly not the 'worlds better' that was claimed.  It is not noticeably smoother for all the polishing of internals.  Honestly, I'd not do it again.  Instead I'd have my machinist buddy make me a custom tool steel barrel bushing (as he has done previously) and called it a day.  BTW, the $560 also included Cerakoting the frame ($100).  They sent it out to someone who did a very good job.

CZ Custom grips, magwell, basepads, front sight.  CGW 10x bushing.  

The bushing, front sight, and basepads  are a must in my opinion.

I prefer the aggressive texture of the aluminum grips but, some sand paper and skate tape can work wonders in a pinch.

I also have CGW Hammer, Sear, Extended FP, and springs.  CZ Custom flat trigger extended LHS Safety, 

Even bone stock the TS is a great gun though. 

Thanks for all the replies! 

I haven't done anything yet.. zzt I think that sounds like a pretty good plan. I'm sure the gun in it's current state is a better shooter than I am, so it's run it until I guess.. lol

Sure seems that these pistols don't need a whole lot anyway.. So that's good to hear. 

+1 for CZC base pads and follower/spring kit. I replaced the front sight with a fiber optic and added an IPSC-length magwell. These were noticeable improvements.

I also upgraded to a CZC race hammer and a flat trigger. This improved the reset slightly and eliminated the flex of the polymer OEM trigger, but I did this after a couple years. Trigger performance is now a little better than original, but not a huge amount. 

20 minutes ago, JayDee said:

+1 for CZC base pads and follower/spring kit. I replaced the front sight with a fiber optic and added an IPSC-length magwell. These were noticeable improvements.

I also upgraded to a CZC race hammer and a flat trigger. This improved the reset slightly and eliminated the flex of the polymer OEM trigger, but I did this after a couple years. Trigger performance is now a little better than original, but not a huge amount. 

I'm waiting on the trigger upgrade for the time being. I set my overtravel screw so the trigger breaks just barely before the screw touches. I don't feel the trigger flex at all.  Maybe when I start to feel it I'll make the investment.

Recently, it was demonstrated to me that if the plastic trigger is flexing, then the shooter is using too much pressure, usually from slapping.  at 1 3/4#, it is the smallest of movement for good trigger control.