Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precsion Delta Bullets

bulm540

From the samples I've seen, their components are good stuff and the prices are pretty good too. If Precision (Kemp, TX) is still having problems making 200gr. bullets when I get ready to make my next big order, I'll be going with Precision Delta's (Ruleville, MS).

John

Just put some 40 - 180's on order. Can't wait to give them a whirl now that my supply of Berry's dried up. If they shoot, I'm going to order 10 or 20K. If anybody in the Inland NW wants to put together a bulk order on 32K, please let me know.

I met the folks from Precision Delta Bullets at Area 4 this year. Most readers know that we are pretty picky what we sell, or endorse and we firmly stand by our customer service policies.

That said, Precision Delta has really impressed me, great folks to talk to.... good listeners and a great product. The only complaint we have had so far is that the bullets could be a little shinier.

PD built their name in the PPC market and are well known in that arena for extremely accurate factory loaded ammunition as well as a very consistant bullet as a component.

I jumped on board with PD, encouraged the owner to continue the same type business practice that has made him the standard in the PPC world, and we are going to market heavily in the IPSC market this year.

No joke, the prices listed in the Front Sight are shipped to the door prices, factory direct and a great product. Give us a call or shoot us an email. I will have a few samples at the Nationals and will be taking orders, (no reason to schlepp them around and worry about the extra weight at these prices).

If you just want to carry the weight around, we will also take orders to be delivered at the Nationals.

I got some 147 FMJ for for 9mm. Very accurate bullets. I used their 147 JHP (similar to XTP) for PPC and had very good results too. I do not think they have the 147 JHP back in production yet.

Very friendly and helpful folks.

Got my sample today. Pretty bullets. Bullet profile is ala montana gold but copper. Not as shiny as zeros. Pretty consistent weight ( 180.2 average weigth for 10 bullets). Will probably switch to this bullets once my montana gold supply is gone. Loaded some rounds tonight and will test tomorrow.

Are the prices going to stay like this? If so, they could take over the IPSC bullet market very quickly.

I don't know, but I'm squirming to get this 2K in so I can find out how they shoot. I want to order a pile more before they change their minds. It literally costs me more to drive to the store and buy lead bullets than $62.50/K.

Kevin,

I've got a handfull of the .40 -180 gr. sitting in front of me, they just hit the doorstep. I haven't mic'd them yet, but they appear to be of very high quality - at least they were when they left Precision...

UPS just beat the living ****** out of them, so there's lots of dents and dings. I think they'll be just fine for practice and local matches. They're certainly better than lead, plated, and polymer-coated bullets. For major matches, I'm pretty sure I'll be shooting Zeros from Angus. I doubt I'd risk problems in a major match on these bullets.

FWIW...

On PD's website it says that these bullets are a FMJ. I'm assuming that to mean an exposed lead base. I'd appreciate it if someone who happens to have some on hand could check. The price is great, but I'll pay a little extra to not have any exposed lead (such as a JHP).

Thanks,

Ray

Im currently using them in my 40 and area 4 director kenneth hicks was shooting them at my club match in his super.

the bullets in 40 caliber are very accurate.

i havent shot enough of the 9mms so say about them..

kenneth hicks seemed to think they were pretty good.

i think it would be good marketing for anyone capible of producing jacketed bullets in quantity to market to IPSC shooters. as most avg shooters, 500 bullets is a lot!

Im not happy unless i have several thousand..