Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Online membership renewal

As the former membership chairman and chairman I set up online renewal.  It worked great.  Several current board members had problems with the way it was done.  (ie. being run on a private server). this was done to protect the database of the members.  They wanted me to move it to a hosted server and I did not want to do that for security reasons.  I decided that I had better things to do with my time than mess with their BS so I resigned.  When I did all that went away and now they are back to a paper system now.  If you want to renew please contact Ron W.  He is acting membership chairman.

The current board has several members who do not have the best interests of ICORE at heart.  They have forced the resignation of 2 board members and continue to bleed the organization of volunteers, sponsors and shooters.  I wish them luck.  Unfortunately some just do not have a clue.

Just renewed ... sort of ... :ph34r:

Around the second week of May I realized that my membership was going to expire in less than 4 weeks. I had put a reminder on my calendar but set it at the expiration date instead of advance … (bad move ...).

Anyhow … I looked at some old emails … went to the web site and determined that the only way to get the renewal done (this year) was to mail it in. There was a warning on the downloaded form that it could take 6-12 weeks or longer … sigh … Now I was worried as I was registered for a couple of "bigger" matches (on Practiscore) and worried how screwed this might get if I somehow popped up as "inactive" (yikes!!).

On May 13th I mailed the form (was the same form as I had used previously) …

As my expiration date passed I kept watching my "status" on the ICORE site and I remained active. I figured I would wait at least until June 13th (a full month) before I bothered the Membership Director.

While this was going on (seeing no confirmation my app/check had gone anywhere) I re-checked the address I had used and realized there was a completely different address on the current application. After checking that out it looks like the new app w/ the new address appeared about four days after I mailed in my renewal (sweating and worry increases).

Finally … on June 12th the canceled check appeared on my bank app.

I still don't have a card with a new expiration date but that's OK … I have a copy of the canceled check.

I figured they must be getting some things straightened out .. as they are using a new (membership) address and such and I would leave them alone (give them a chance to do their thing).

I will say … I appreciate seeing the classifiers showing up (posted) like in three days or less after a match now … It used to take a long time.

I would like to feel a lot more warm and fuzzy when doing this sort of thing but it is getting done and I appreciate the volunteer effort.  (If I would have made it to the 13th I would have sent the guy an email … no biggie).

• 2 weeks later...

Several board members wanted to expose membership database to the open web and I resigned because of that.  Membership records were transferred to  Ron W.  Online membership renewal stopped when I resigned as well.

I have no Idea when it will resume.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I could not allow such a potential breach of the members personal data.

David

Past ICORE Chairman

Past Membership Chairman

• 1 year later...

I came into this particular thread a "few years" ago and wound up printing out a membership renewal and sending it in.   

I figured in the intervening YEARS we could get ICORE to work out the bugs/problems with renewing online.

Evidently not.

I went to renew today (in my grace period as there was no notice to renew) and discovered, once again, that I have to print out a form and mail it in.

Really?

Is there any estimate of when ICORE will eventually get to an online renewal program?

I realize we're all just volunteers out here but this just seems odd.

AD

44 minutes ago, ADulay said:

I came into this particular thread a "few years" ago and wound up printing out a membership renewal and sending it in.   

I figured in the intervening YEARS we could get ICORE to work out the bugs/problems with renewing online.

Evidently not.

I went to renew today (in my grace period as there was no notice to renew) and discovered, once again, that I have to print out a form and mail it in.

Really?

Is there any estimate of when ICORE will eventually get to an online renewal program?

I realize we're all just volunteers out here but this just seems odd.

AD

The new website is actively being worked on by a professional company and will be online in the coming months. ICORE recognizes this issue and is on the top of the priority list. 

Alec McMahon

East Coast ICORE Rep.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, pete627 said:

Nah nah nah ... I just got an "online" registration renewal email ... (w/ a link to pay online). 😛 

what was the link? Just curious

15 minutes ago, ffl said:

what was the link? Just curious

It was a PayPal (domain) link ... set up for an individual (has personal information).

An "invoice" for one year renewal and allows you to pay w/ a credit card ... or PayPal if you have an account etc. 

I would be leary of that.  when I was membership dir we used a different processor.  I was just making sure that someone did not hack the processor or link info we used before.

1 hour ago, ffl said:

I would be leary of that.  when I was membership dir we used a different processor.  I was just making sure that someone did not hack the processor or link info we used before.

Well ... if I have been hacked ... and I don't receive the ("gold ICORE") pin ... (or the free "taco bell on match day" coupon book) they promised ... in the mail ... in <60 days ... I will just complain to my credit card company and they will put 25 big ones back into my account!! 😬  

I was not pleased to get the link to Paypal. I had some drama with Paypal a number of years ago so will continue to be old school and mail them a check. Now get off my lawn!

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on the online renewal process?

I'm deep into my "grace" period and would really like to renew before the Sept IRC.

Or am I forced to find my checkbook, dust it off, and attempt to mail a check in.

Now where in the heck are those 3 cent stamps I bought 15 years ago??   Somewhere in the bottom of the junk drawer with my spare Centronics printer cables.

AD (extra credit if you even know what a Centronics printer cable looks like)

17 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Why not email Melanie and ask?  

Because that's the next step which will either involve paying via credit card over the phone (OK, I can deal with that) or most probably getting the PayPal link sent to me, which I can deal with or just stop being stubborn and print out the pdf file and mail it in while I wait another month or so for the renewal (like last time).

I guess I'll email her today and hope that next year's renewal in online.

Luckily for me the little girl that sells lemonade on the side of the road at the corner has a "Square" reader on her phone.

AD

• 2 months later...