Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

39 minutes ago, GorillaTactical said:

Not sure what PCC will allow you to do in terms of mitigating stress on your knees as compared to handgun. :huh:

I could see wrists, or hands, but I'm struggling to understand knees.  Help me out...

Getting down low thru ports that's my biggest issue

I hate to disappoint you, but you have to shoot the same course as the pistols.  If anything, shooting a rifle through low ports and odd positions can be even more difficult because you have to move your shooting shoulder in alignment with the port.  With a pistol, your arms can bend around obstacles and all you need is sight alignment. 

Hello: It is easier to shoot an Open pistol on tight shots than a PCC. I just shot a match with a couple of real super tight shots around a port. One to the left and one to the right. It would have been much quicker with a pistol. As for your knees well that is only a question you can answer. Thanks, Eric

PCC does alleviate carrying all the typical weight on your gun belt when you are not shooting... I just slip on a double mag pouch, typically with just a single pistol mag for a reload... the PCC is transported in the gun cart and rolled to the line when it is my turn...but as Eric and Leo commented, stage designers don't go out of their way to make the stage PCC friendly....

Jerry... I'm 69 and have osteoarthritis in my left knee...if you don't already have one, get a folding high stool as opposed to a chair... it allows you to roll off and not use your knees to get up

Edited by Les Snyder
25 minutes ago, Les Snyder said:

Jerry... I'm 69 and have osteoarthritis in my left knee...if you don't already have one, get a folding high stool as opposed to a chair... it allows you to roll off and not use your knees to get up

Got mine from Academy.  Down here they call them "dove hunting seats".  Sometimes hard to find unless its hunting season.

Perfect for resting behind some brush cover until the doves fly in.  Even better for us old farts with bad knees.   Its just like a folding camp stool but about 8" taller.

I actually switched to PCC due to issues in my pistol weak hand from repetitive gripping from pistol shooting.

PCC saves you gripping hard, that's about it.  Depending on what setup you shoot it can cause other issues due to the weight of it.  I began to get tennis elbow in my strong hand from the weight of the rifle during repetitive practice.  The Taccom setup alleviated that a bit.

Don't buy a PCC thinking you're doing your body a favor due to old age.  As the others said, some of it is even more awkward, and it is ultimately heavier.

Good luck!

63 years old and a bad knee, arthritis in my thumbs, and nerve damage in my right hand from shingles. I qualify as a wreck. Shot open major for awhile and my hands really suffered. Loving PCC. Can keep up with the kids except when running is involved and really awkward positions. Building a light(Taccom)  PCC right now.

gerritm

3 minutes ago, gerritm said:

63 years old and a bad knee, arthritis in my thumbs, and nerve damage in my right hand from shingles. I qualify as a wreck. Shot open major for awhile and my hands really suffered. Loving PCC. Can keep up with the kids except when running is involved and really awkward positions. Building a light(Taccom)  PCC right now.

gerritm

Cool were close im in Pasadena

Open rimfire pistol in Steel Challenge is your answer ....

optical sight - hit 40 yd 10" plates on the run one handed

gun only weighs 24 oz

no recoil so your grip doesn't matter

no low ports no high ports no ports at all, just stand and shoot, what could be easier ...

ammo is cheap

oh, and we have PCC division too ... :)

image.jpeg

Hey, I'm 75 and shoot PPC, my knees are way  bad, I'm slow BUT I really like PPC. I just put a cheap (green not red) laser in conjunction with the normal red dot on one PPC gun might help for those low port shots?,. or the left handed shots. We will see.

You don't have to spend BIG money on a laser.... ($21.00 each x 2 = free shipping, Amazon, WAY bright even in the Arizona sun) The government puts restrictions on how powerful a laser unit can be for civilian use, so the hoopla over the big $$$$$ laser's  can/is be misleading. One thing, get the rechargeable batteries and a charger (EBAY or the like). Get the high capacity batteries as the laser's use a lot of juice.

5 minutes ago, mike NM said:

Hey, I'm 75 and shoot PPC, my knees are way  bad, I'm slow BUT I really like PPC. I just put a cheap (green not red) laser in conjunction with the normal red dot on one PPC gun might help for those low port shots?,. or the left handed shots. We will see.

You don't have to spend BIG money on a laser.... ($21.00 each x 2 = free shipping, Amazon, WAY bright even in the Arizona sun) The government puts restrictions on how powerful a laser unit can be for civilian use, so the hoopla over the big $$$$$ laser's  can/is be misleading. One thing, get the rechargeable batteries and a charger (EBAY or the like). Get the high capacity batteries as the laser's use a lot of juice.

Thanks Mike I am building a PCC no going crazy on it Have to give it a try