Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Action Pistol Rules Committee

Alan550

Jim would be shitting bricks if he saw all the stuff that is going on. I think the biggest thing is that we have pretty much been told there is no way to out those that oppose the general will of the shooters. If the NRA president gets to arbitrarily choose as they so desire who gets to be on these committees, then until the prez gets pissed at one of these politicians, they will be there regardless of how much we all complain.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who in the General Counsel's Office brought up the minimum trigger pull crap?

Regardless, the fact that he links the possibility of an accidental discharge with the political impact on the NRA as a whole indicates perhaps Action Pistol should be overseen by a separate governing body to remove the political influence from decisions regarding competition rules.

I think everyone agrees with you. The thing that bothers me most is that the NRA President has been made the King over all NRA actions. There is no limit to his power. The Prez can pick whoever he wants to do whatever job he wants and no one can change that. Sounds like too much power for 1 person. Now we are supporting only the Prez's political agenda. It baffles me that they can continue to go on with zero regard for how anyone else wants things to be. This has gone on to a bigger issue than the rule changes IMO.....

I have yet to see evidence that she is a lady, female yes, lady maybe.

A number of the members of the NRA AP Committee certainly are not gentlemen.

Perhaps the term "IT" is more appropriate, as we are being treated like some form of idiots, we should treat the NRA executive with similar derision.

I am sure the President would be taking advice on whom to add and/or remove from various committees. Who gives this advice????

I bet it is the chair'person' of the appropriate committee. I certainly would want that sort of influence if I was heading any committee that answers to a higher authority. Seeing as my arse would most probably be on the line.

This gives the President and chair'person' and anyone else who may get in the firing line the oportunity to play responsibility football. If you can't pin down the target, you have great dificulty in hitting it. This is a very old political trick and still works well in modern society. They all stand just behind us when the shit hits the fan, that way they don't get covered in it.

We do!!!!!

Hi all! Back from sugery and just a litte tender in spots!

I sent both my letter and the return from Mr. VanHorn to the president of the NRA along with a letter to her also. I really doubt that I will recieve a reply, but wanted everyone to know that I followed up before I checked in to the Hospital. I can't lift over 20lbs :blink: for 6 weeks, so I guess I'll hire Jeff Rowe to be my Ammo bearer!!!!! Ha Ha!

Hope to be shooting soon! :rolleyes:

Kim

Hi Kim,

Glad to hear you made it out from under the knife OK, I don't think Jeff will be any ones ammo bearer.....but.......maybe you can find a cart to pull it in. I was just over at his house shooting to get ready for the Regional and State match here in Va, and he can run the timer but thats about all.

Greg

Thanks for all the kudo's!!!

Greg, I know Jeff not looking forward to what he has to go through eather!!! I wish him the best and maybe we both can get back at it soon!

Alan: That's a real good question, but I don't think it weighs 20lbs! :huh:

Thanks again for all the friendship!!!

Kim

Hi all

I attended the Hillbilly Cup and the Cardinal Cup in VA this past weekend and it was the best thing since sliced bread. Kevin and crew did an awesome job and the shoot was enjoyed by over 45 shooters. All of which indicated that ICASE is in and the Cup is out.

The only way to advance the goals of AP is to send a clear and undisputed message to the shooting world.

Now I understand that some shooters make their living shooting and they are not the enemies ... but the rest of us shoot because we enjoy AP for what it is ... ACTION pistol ~ not "watching paint dry!"

So here's the deal ... the Berrien County Sportsmans Club hosted their first Regional shoot the past spring. We are inviting ALL AP shooters to rally around the 1st ICASE (1997 rules) International Championship in June 21-25, 2006. Several of us talked about this in Bluefield and I put the notion forward to get off the pot! (exuse the example ... I am a plumber by trade)

I can't promise the rose garden full of prize money or even trophies ... BUT

I can promise that I will do everything to convince the sponsors that this is where they should look to support and advertise. We need those dollars for the cash awards to keep sponsoring those top shooters. Both top and bottom shooters need each other for AP to work. We need top shooters to be sucessful and the top shooters need us so the sponsors see they are getting their monies worth.

Big events do draw advertisement and sponsor dollars.

I can promise my club will be your best host ever and will listen to you the shooter.

I can promise you everything ... BUT if you as an AP top shooter or someone like myself a beginner can't give up the Cup to make AP come alive again ... I can promise this dream of having ICASE sucessful will pass into obilvion and ALL of us will be losers. NRA AP is already suffering ... think about it ... it makes sense for and at all levels to begin ICASE.

Shooters will stop coming to the big events (already occurring), sponsors will stop pledging support (already occurring) and top shooters will not have large matches in which to draw attention and gain support (already begginning).

So here's your invitation... the 1st ICASE International Championship ~ June 21-25, 2006! Do you want it .. then email me at: bruce@flagelmorgan.com. and make you committment to ICASE now!

Let's here from you ... give it your support, plan your trip now.

Stretcher

Hi all

I attended the Hillbilly Cup and the Cardinal Cup in VA this past weekend and it was the best thing since sliced bread. Kevin and crew did an awesome job and the shoot was enjoyed by over 45 shooters.  All of which indicated that ICASE is in and the Cup is out.

The only way to advance the goals of AP is to send a clear and undisputed message to the shooting world.

Now I understand that some shooters make their living shooting and they are not the enemies ... but the rest of us shoot because we enjoy AP for what it is ... ACTION pistol ~ not "watching paint dry!"

So here's the deal ... the Berrien County Sportsmans Club hosted their first Regional shoot the past spring.  We are inviting ALL AP shooters to rally around the 1st ICASE (1997 rules) International Championship in June 21-25, 2006.  Several of us talked about this in Bluefield and I put the notion forward to get off the pot! (exuse the example ... I am a plumber by trade)

I think you may be on or about the date for the ICORE championships with the date of your championship and, thus, may lose a whole lot of revolver shooters that would otherwise be interested imo.

I can't promise the rose garden full of prize money or even trophies ... BUT

I can promise that I will do everything to convince the sponsors that this is where they should look to support and advertise.  We need those dollars for the cash awards to keep sponsoring those top shooters. Both top and bottom shooters need each other for AP to work. We need top shooters to be sucessful and the top shooters need us so the sponsors see they are getting their monies worth.

Big events do draw advertisement and sponsor dollars.

I can promise my club will be your best host ever and will listen to you the shooter. 

I can promise you everything ... BUT if you as an AP top shooter or someone like myself a beginner can't give up the Cup to make AP come alive again ...  I can promise this dream of having ICASE sucessful will pass into obilvion and ALL of us will be losers.  NRA AP is already suffering ...  think about it ... it makes sense for and at all levels to begin ICASE.

Shooters will stop coming to the big events (already occurring), sponsors will stop pledging support (already occurring) and top shooters will not have large matches in which to draw attention and gain support (already begginning).

So here's your invitation... the 1st ICASE International Championship ~ June 21-25, 2006!  Do you want it .. then email me at:  bruce@flagelmorgan.com. and make you committment to ICASE now!

Let's here from you ... give it your support, plan your trip now.

Stretcher

• 2 weeks later...
My reply did not post.  I think the date for your championship may be on, or close to, the ICORE championships (IRC) and you may well lose the revolver contigent because of that.  Good luck

IRC dates June 16th-18th :mellow:

Lessee, fly back the 19th, go home and do laundry, jump in the truck and drive

down to VA for the 21st :wacko:

Or maybe just fly back to VA, will there be a practice range open that week for

this shoot ??

10mmdave,

The Berrien County Sportsmans Club is in Michigan. Bruce came to the shoot in VA and got "inspired" to run a National at his home club up north.

It's good to know it doesn't clash with the ICORE Match.

Alan~^~

10mmdave,

The Berrien County Sportsmans Club is in Michigan.  Bruce came to the shoot in VA and got "inspired" to run a National at his home club up north.

It's good to know it doesn't clash with the ICORE Match.

Alan~^~

So what are you saying Alan, I can practice in Michigan before the match :D

(maybe I should look on a map and see where this club is in VA)

Is there any idea how many AP revo folks shoot ICORE stuff, to me it seems

like two completely different sports (except for the std's) but that's just me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Woo hoo!!!

I finally remembered what my password was!!!!

It's taken a while to read through a lot of what has been written here, partly because I have to keep breaking away from the screen to have a little rant to myself.

The impression that I have, reading from the responses from the NRA that have been posted, is that they have no interest in the opinions of the competitors.

One argument that was put forward was that the rule changes have been driven by competitor demand, ie; a competitor asked for prone shooting to be banned and barricade wings to be dissallowed. Perhaps one competitor did ask for this, but it seems quite obvious from teh responses on here that the general concensus is against those changes. Personally, I would like to see a rule in place that says only a little English bloke with a beard can win the Bianchi Cup, but I don't think that would be in the best interest of the sport. Hmm, on second thoughts......

I think that ICASE is an admirable idea and I truly hope that it is a success. I have no gripe with the NRA, but I love Bianchi Cup and I don't think that they are doing justice to the match with their current approach. Perhaps it would be better all round to let those interested in growing the sport to be in charge of it, but still have a sanction to the NRA, ie; we'll run the match the way that the shooters want it, but we'll let you be involved if you want to be.

Anyway, I just thought I'd add in my tuppence worth and say hello to everyone again.

Cheers

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone:

I have just found out the 2lb trigger passed the Competitions Board! It is final! I talked with Jeff Rowe Last night.

Sorry for the bad news, but I thought everyone needs to know ASAP.

We will see if everyone get an e-mail like promised from Rudy.

Kim