Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is that legal to remove right side safety?

highhope

I shoot stock 2 for production, sometime when I reload, my right hand index firger will engage the right safety, so just want to know is that legal to remove right side safety?  Thanks

ALL factory safety mechanisms, whether internal or external, must remain functional.

Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below.

It's not legal to modify your SII safety, but you may swap your safety for a single sided one from another production legal model like the Limited Pro.  If you post a WTT as in the classifieds you should have a taker shortly.

Edited by kneelingatlas

8 hours ago, IronArcher said:

You can remove the right side.
You are not altering the safety.
This was specifically addressed before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is to know. Thanks!

I don't know if it's legal to just take the right side off. But it's definitely OK to run a safety off of a different production approved tanfolio. I thinks it's more common than running the ami safety 

In another thread a while back someone did e-mail nroi and the answer was that yes, you could remove it. It was not seen as a competitive advantage or disabling the actual safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had a few ROs ask if I had a pin falling out of my gun when I ran with the right side removed.

Note: if you have a lim pro, it will not fit the box with both sides of the ambi attached. 

any of them will work if they are single sided. I ran the Gold team ambi with teh right side removed for two nationals based on Amidon's response that I posted above. The only questions I ever had about it were if a pin was coming loose in my gun.