Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shield reflex mini sight (rms)

Garmil

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if this new version has the same footprint as the older J-Point/Optima 2000?  I recently came into possession of an older (2000) SVI Infinity that has an Optima 2000 milled into the rear of the slide. It would be nice to pick up an updated  replacement in case the current sight goes belly up. 

Never mind. Just checked their website. Looks like it's the same size. 

Edited by Boomer775

• 9 months later...

Just received Shield RMS dot after Thanksgiving sale.  Bolts on my Sig X5 without any modifications. 

8moa dot.  Glass is better than anything I have seen other than Delta Point Pro.  I have not shot outside with direct sunlight but it seems auto adjust goes bright enough.  The dot is more of an orange color than the red of DPP.  I bought the RMS for carry optics setup but I thought I would do some comparison pictures before mounting on sig.  I knew that RMS would be smaller than DPP but I was surprised that the difference was not that big.  The RMS sits soo much lower which I think is a benefit.

The DPP shown below is the 4moa.

20171221_154434.thumb.jpg.d561ce9f126edb3a1bdbe334910bf03a.jpg

20171221_154817.thumb.jpg.22e8961fe147bf4d65c7d98e39012efb.jpg

I have one milled in a vp9. Window is noticeably smaller than a Deltapoint Pro. Dot is surprisingly bright and I have never had an issue in bright sunlight. The notch on the rear of the sight is adequate to use as a backup rear if the dot failed. Aaron Cowan did some durability testing on them. It did not hold up well to being used for one handed manipulations (bashing the sight on a barricade to rack the slide) or getting dropped on concrete directly on the optic. Held up fine for range use. I like mine well enough.

20170916_142229.jpg

12 hours ago, Garmil said:

Looks like quite a bit cheaper from shield. 313 vs. 400 is what my math says.

Just used my currency calculator, 318 pounds sterling works out to $425.53.  I am assuming that is the currency, not absolutely certain.  I am very interested in one of these as well.

Edited by bmiller

3 hours ago, bmiller said:

Just used my currency calculator, 318 pounds sterling works out to $425.53.  I am assuming that is the currency, not absolutely certain.  I am very interested in one of these as well.

Once you start to checkout the price changes then do the conversion.

Edited by Garmil

5 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Ok, I didn’t attempt to buy it.  I need to generate a little revenue before I can get one.  How much is shipping? What was your final cost delivered to your door?

Thanks

I was wrong but it’s still cheaper. 265 pounds with free shipping once you start checkout. I haven’t bought one yet.