Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

On 7/11/2017 at 9:14 AM, Gunnar971 said:

Its so nice to hear someone else has had a similar experience. I was getting so frustrated that I literally stopped to look at the gun during a COF. I thought for sure I was going to see something loose or warped or broken or something. After I didnt, I figured I had lost all proficiency with a firearm. Good to hear that may not be the case and others have had sights THAT far off from the factory.

I'm having that issue as well.

It actually made me angry when I was at the range the first time. 

This is where I ended up, and it's still a little low!  

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MadhatRR said:

I'm having that issue as well.

It actually made me angry when I was at the range the first time. 

This is where I ended up, and it's still a little low!  

FullSizeRender.jpg

Wow! 

Im new to adjustable sights. Is it possible to simply buy a shorter front sight from Dawson (or whoever) so that you can get the rear sight within a normal adjustment range?

That would make sense if the rear sight wasn't removed when you add a red dot.

The slide on my compact has been milled for an RMR, and I'm running suppressor sights that co-witness. 

I'll take some side by side pictures tonight 

IMG_9653.JPG

IMG_9656.JPG

My P320 X5 hits dead on right out of the box with factory 124gr American Eagle ammo at 15 and 25yd. It also co-witnesses with the Romeo1 perfectly through the rear notch.

I don't think you should need to replace the front sight, might want to contact SIG and see what they have to say about it. 

The dot is bigger than in the picture but the camera plays tricks when you focus on the front site.

R1CowitnessSmall.jpg

57 minutes ago, alma said:

What hight front sight do you guys have? Mine is .235

I'm shooting 6inches low as well out of the box at 10-15 away. ( using freedom 115gr bulk for break in) but not worried since I'm building it as Carry Optics. But would like to know the fix just in case I want to play production. I'm going to measure the front sight. Do I need to push them out to do it? (I'll be Shooting 147 moly 130pf oal 1.10) thanks in advance!

Edited by Gviz

1 hour ago, andersonj55126 said:

Here are a few pics of my build.

20170711_075014.thumb.jpg.05e5cd5ce259a6f5140fc892fec7b8a3.jpg

20170711_075432.thumb.jpg.2cf79d29306864da12ab6b21d3988306.jpg

Grip by Alma

I have tungsten guide rod, base plate and optic mount from Springer.

CELTS trigger by Greyguns

RHT holster

So far I am very impressed with this gun.

I see that the sharp line on the beavertail area of the grip was removed....how is that carry optics legal?  That line is the one part of the X5 grip that I do not understand and that I do not like.  I dislike it enough to the point where ive listed my X5 for sale.

7 minutes ago, Magsz said:

I see that the sharp line on the beavertail area of the grip was removed....how is that carry optics legal?  That line is the one part of the X5 grip that I do not understand and that I do not like.  I dislike it enough to the point where ive listed my X5 for sale.

I am not 100% sure what you are referring to but here is the rule for carry optics.  "Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are specifically allowed, without reference to Appendix E4."

Edited by andersonj55126

NEVERMIND!  My bad bud.  I thought that carry optics had the same prohibition on grip mods besides texture/stippling as Production.

Disregard the above then!  Thank you for clarifying!

35 minutes ago, Magsz said:

NEVERMIND!  My bad bud.  I thought that carry optics had the same prohibition on grip mods besides texture/stippling as Production.

Disregard the above then!  Thank you for clarifying!

I don't see why this grip modification would be prohibited in Production. It only adds stippling inside the allowed areas and does not alter the profile of the stock grip.  

1 hour ago, andersonj55126 said:

I am not 100% sure.  I am assuming the regular P320 needs the curved trigger to stay consistent with factor shape and X5 needs flat to stay consistent.

The GGI triggers are legal in production and CO. Since the X5 is on the approved production list you can use the GGI or sig flat trigger in any other p320 on the approved list. 

3 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

I don't see why this grip modification would be prohibited in Production. It only adds stippling inside the allowed areas and does not alter the profile of the stock grip.  

I'm not talking about the grit job.  I'm talking about the area under the beaver tail where the ridge was clearly removed in order to smooth/blend that area.

1 hour ago, Magsz said:

I'm not talking about the grit job.  I'm talking about the area under the beaver tail where the ridge was clearly removed in order to smooth/blend that area.

Right, this is on the side of the grip and doesn't alter the profile, but rather just the width by a tiny amount. It doesn't add to the beaver tail or add any function to the grip so it should be good to go. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know you can make those kind of adjustments to the grip.

Edited by AmarokTactical

1 hour ago, Magsz said:

Appendix  D7 21.4 is what you're looking for. It will answer all your questions.