Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar Sto Pistols?

fishnfst

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have known better, now all the old timer's with 45's want equal billing. I thought only mall Ninja's still had 45's.............. :ph34r:

You know, as strange as it seems (To me anyway) the barrel shop still sells more 1911 45acp barrels then all other calibers combined. Go figure.....

Regarding selling semi finished guns, California doesn't allow that. They must be finished and completely functional. We will work with Califronia shooters, just like SVI does, on building custom guns to spec, and our options are basicially unlimited. However you must own the pistol before any modification can be performed. It means that if you go to someone like Benny Hill ( who builds very nice stuff by the way, used to have a 9x25 built by him when he was with STI), you will end up spending more money. Since we are located in California ourselfs we wanted to provide a product to California, but the cost is just too high (about $10,000 for each model) to certify every possible model. We will have to sell a lot of guns just to cover the certification process and the market is fairly small. It will depend on our California sales if we will certify any additional models in the future. We are hoping to certify a 9mm model but we will have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will shoot some pictures and post them on the web site as soon as we get back from the Steel Challenge. It's been tough to hang on to one long enought to get some pictures shot and posted.........................

Only 40's are available in Calif, all calibers everywhere else.

If it is an STI copy why even bother messing around with it? I have an Edge and I am sure that it is as nice or nicer that the barsto copy. Hell if it is just an STI copy why dont you save some money and buy an SPS and put a barsto barrel in it.

If it is an STI copy why even bother messing around with it?  I have an Edge and I am sure that it is as nice or nicer that the barsto copy.  Hell if it is just an STI copy why dont you save some money and buy an SPS and put a barsto barrel in it.

Because some of us live in CA where the state has a list of approved pistols we are allowed to buy. STI gave up on submitting pistols for approval so STI's are not available here. Thank GOD for Bob and Barstow for building a gun and going through the state hassel!

Grip medallion is in the works but still down the road a way's. Trying to figure out a way to make one with the Boars head on it without spending a fortune.....

An STI clone? Close but not the same. While we are using a basic STI frame and slide (under a lic'ing agreement) there are a lot of differences. The Edge is a production gun while ours are completely hand fit using parts we either manufacture in house or have made to our spec's. If you had one of each side by side you could every easily see and feel the difference. If you are interested in the details about the differences pm or email me and I would be happy to go over them with you.

Accuracy testing the other day on a 9mm version produced several 5 shot groups under 1" at 25 yards with the best coming in at .876" outer edge to outer edge measured with calibers.