Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading in the summer

v1911

Had another thunderstorm move through the area, Dropped the temperature to around 75 degrees.

I took the opportunity to load another 500 rds.

You can reload in the Texas Gulf Coast summer, You just gotta wait for the right conditions.

Yup, it was actually plesant yesterday. Hell of a system rolled over us, good for the garden & bermuda seed!

I think I've had enough rain to last me a while.

The folks that maintain my yard buried a riding mover in their first pass. Got it back to the trailer and mowed what was left with a push mower and you still saw lots of mud.

Was about to go to the park when my daughter pointed out that it had rained, again, while they took a nap.

And speaking of gardeners, mine is now cancelling an overdue mowing because the grass t now too thick to mow wet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I load all year my garage is insulated some and when it's 112 outside it may be 100 in the garage, the night before I turn on a portable AC unit and it keeps the garage at about 82 which isn't too bad considering.

Don't you guys live in houses? If so I recommend loading inside of them.

I agree. Air conditioned comfort. Keep a nice bench with the 650 on it plus a swivel vice, gunsmithing block etc. warm in winter cool in summer. :)

I reload in a hot shop too. I see those freestanding air coolers. But most say they are not A/C.

Does anyone make a floor model A/C unit?

Freestanding air coolers? Do you mean something like this? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-10-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-with-Remote-Control-in-White-MN10CESWW/204170295

Cause those dudes are air conditioners. It'll pull humidity out of the air without a doubt. Had to replace a few IT closet floors because we forgot to empty to water bin!

Yeah, I have a large box fan to move the air. But when I'm weighing charges, it can interfere with the scale. I also kill the music because the bass plays with the scale too. So at 8 in the morning, in the dead silence of the sweltering garage stands a sweating Puerto Rician in boxer briefs swearing at a scale and powder adjustment bolt.

Now thats funny. You sir win the funniest comment of the day award. :)

I use a box fan that blows about knee high to keep myself cool in the garage during the summer. In the winter, I use a portable heater. Yes, I still sweat, but Ill live. I do alot of my load testing and finicky reload runs in the spring and fall when I have to putz around with all the weighing and measuring. Summer and winter I just run known loads on the progressive en masse.

I reload in a hot shop too. I see those freestanding air coolers. But most say they are not A/C.

Does anyone make a floor model A/C unit?

Those are expensive. I meant some that are really cheap.

I'll cut a hole for a window unit and get a $100 used one before that.

Freestanding air coolers? Do you mean something like this? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honeywell-10-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-with-Remote-Control-in-White-MN10CESWW/204170295

Cause those dudes are air conditioners. It'll pull humidity out of the air without a doubt. Had to replace a few IT closet floors because we forgot to empty to water bin!

• 3 weeks later...

The place where I reload is air conditioned. But going outside to chrono the load I made is hard to do when it is so hot outside. I am thinking when I build my work shop I am going to have a window where I can mount the chrono and just shoot outside while inside the air conditioning.

• 3 weeks later...

We caught a break from the heat gentlemen!

Unless you're one of the unfortunate dealing with high waters, get out there and crank out those rounds! Mother nature won't be this kind again for another 2 months!

Reloading in my basement works year round, considering our recent heat wave it's actually far cooler in the basement then it is on the main floor. Got enough ammo for another practice session, and enough match ammo for NER. After that I'll have play a caller dweller for a few night and crank out 4-5k of practice/match ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk