Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC options

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mags are cheaper and easier to find than before. extensions for them have been out for a while now. sig even released caliber exchange kits.

That may be true, but for those of us who live in Kalifornia, having a gun that can use grandfathered G17 mags is a BIG deal!

mags are cheaper and easier to find than before. extensions for them have been out for a while now. sig even released caliber exchange kits.

Have you seen them for sale? I'm looking for a replacement pistol barrel for my MPX SBR (started with the carbine model).

Sig MPX. I had an AR in 9mm before this and it sucked in comparison. Recoil was significantly more than .223 because of all the reciprocating mass. I wont go back to a blowback gun.

WXEFLX2l.jpg

They look nice a friend has one but a lot more ammo finicky and what the hell with the mags like $50 each. NO thanks.

Pat

Springer has the only extensions out there... As for magazines $60 dollars a pop, you're right that is real cheap[emoji1304].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please re-read my post. I didn't say cheap, I said cheaper than before. glock 33rd mags are $35. $15 lower than mpx mags. and no, Springer isn't the only company that makes extensions.

I don't know about the finicky ammo part, I run the same 90gr and 147gr load I run in my other guns.

please re-read my post. I didn't say cheap, I said cheaper than before. glock 33rd mags are $35. $15 lower than mpx mags. and no, Springer isn't the only company that makes extensions.

I don't know about the finicky ammo part, I run the same 90gr and 147gr load I run in my other guns.

Glock XTS 31 round mags can be had for less than 20 on sale and work great and take standard GLock bases. I have been using them as well as stock Glock mags.

As for finicky ammo last match I was at the MPX did not run until the found some Winchester White Box. A gas system has a narrower range of opperation than a simple blow back does.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

MPX mags may be more expensive but you don't need many. Mine with the Springer extension hold 40 no problem and run 100%. I never use more than one mag in a stage (though I carry a second just in case).

Also my MPX has eaten everything I've given it so doesn't seem finicky to me.

Edited by ctay

MPX mags may be more expensive but you don't need many. Mine with the Springer extension hold 40 no problem and run 100%. I never use more than one mag in a stage (though I carry a second just in case).

Also my MPX has eaten everything I've given it so doesn't seem finicky to me.

Its good to have more mags rather than less especially in the political climate we are in.

How much or how little of an advantage this is is debatable. That said the availability of Glock 9mm compatible mags vs MPX mags of any generation is not.

Edited by Alaskapopo

For Colt mag 9mm ARs are there any good quality mags available that hold more than 32 rounds or can mag extensions be added to the Metalform or other SMG mags?

I used to have a Colt and an RRA that used UZI and Colt mags. I believe 32 is the most and no extensions.

Pat

Where did you hear that the Mpx can be finicky with ammo? I just ran all my junk ammo in mine that I've loaded like 5 years ago and it ran like a champ. $50 dollars per 30 round mag is expensive? My big sticks on my 2011 cost me 200 and they only hold 29...

Oh btw my Mpx made it it 2060ish rounds without being cleaned. It didn't stop working but I had trouble hand ejecting the round when unloading and showing clear. So not bad.

Where did you hear that the Mpx can be finicky with ammo? I just ran all my junk ammo in mine that I've loaded like 5 years ago and it ran like a champ. $50 dollars per 30 round mag is expensive? My big sticks on my 2011 cost me 200 and they only hold 29...

Oh btw my Mpx made it it 2060ish rounds without being cleaned. It didn't stop working but I had trouble hand ejecting the round when unloading and showing clear. So not bad.

Did not hear it saw it with my own eyes. Also its a known fact that making a 9mm carbine work with gas is more difficult than making it run as a blow back the window of opperation is also narrower.

Pat

For Colt mag 9mm ARs are there any good quality mags available that hold more than 32 rounds or can mag extensions be added to the Metalform or other SMG mags?

I used to have a Colt and an RRA that used UZI and Colt mags. I believe 32 is the most and no extensions.

Pat

Thanks. That could be a disadvantage for choosing that platform for 32 round stages with steel. I was thinking about getting a Colt mag AR since I've been having nothing but problems with my Glock mag AR, but don't like the idea of being limited to a max of 32 round mags.

Pat

They aren't currently sold new but there are 40 round mags out there, and any capacity available for an Uzi is just a mag catch notch away from fitting a 9mm AR. There are welded big sticks available too for much higher capacity.

Also, while to my knowledge nobody makes extensions for the Metalform or Uzi mags that doesn't mean there aren't any extensions that will fit. I am working on something for my Uzi mags at the moment but it looks like a bit of filing of the tube will be required so I don't want to go making claims just yet.

I do have a setup that holds 35 but given the length it should hold more, and I wouldn't want to drop it due to how the extension is interfacing.

I think PCC is exciting in part because gamers are experimenting with the gear and that drives development to an extent.

Kriss are cool, just feels heavy in my opinion (even though they are roughly the same weight as the MPX the weight is all in the trigger hand). Also the controls aren't as natural to someone how has shot AR's for years (at least not for me). FA though - it is the cat's meow.

Kriss are cool, just feels heavy in my opinion (even though they are roughly the same weight as the MPX the weight is all in the trigger hand). Also the controls aren't as natural to someone how has shot AR's for years (at least not for me). FA though - it is the cat's meow.

I've thought about the Kriss but never shot one other than dry fire. It's a nice trigger. Would be nice if you could put an AR style forearm on it. Looks like I'll have the opportunity to shoot one in competition week after next. Will report back.

Edited by jkrispies

So Doc, are we talking about 2011's or PCC's;) Now, speaking only about polymer magazines $60 is a lot. Especially for a one trick pony. Knowing that most own a Glock of some form. having magazines that are multiple use and easy to come by is a benefit.

So Doc, are we talking about 2011's or PCC's;) Now, speaking only about polymer magazines $60 is a lot. Especially for a one trick pony. Knowing that most own a Glock of some form. having magazines that are multiple use and easy to come by is a benefit.

Shoo you open gun shooter... also paying $35 for a 33 round glock mag + $40 on a TTI Basepad is more cost beneficial :ph34r:

Also its a known fact that making a 9mm carbine work with gas is more difficult than making it run as a blow back the window of opperation is also narrower.

I don't know this fact, educate me. Why is it more difficult to make a 9mm gas operated gun work?

Pat

Thanks. That could be a disadvantage for choosing that platform for 32 round stages with steel. I was thinking about getting a Colt mag AR since I've been having nothing but problems with my Glock mag AR, but don't like the idea of being limited to a max of 32 round mags.

Thats funny because I have had the opposite experience. My JP has been 100% my RRA that used UZI and Colt mags was not. I viewed the single feed position of the Glock mag as a reliability aid.

Pat

https://www.xproducts.com/9mm-ar-15-drum