Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore Or Oko

sandankenpo

I have not tried the OKO..but have had several C-mores on different guns over the years..

Have been very happy with them..like both the std. switch model and the click switch model. and have used both the serendipity style and the railway model..

I have not had to have one serviced in many years..but did have one lens replaced years ago ( mid-90s) The customer service was great.

anyway..my experience

I have not tried the OKO..but have had several C-mores on different guns over the years..

Have been very happy with them..like both the std. switch model and the click switch model. and have used both the serendipity style and the railway model..

anyway..my experience

ditto

I have both on different guns. The lens is the same size so the sight pitcture is about the same. The OKO is smaller and ligher. Its the about the same height but much shorter. I don't have allot of rounds on the OKO gun so the reliability is unknow to me. I have head that early models, like mine, have a tendency to through off the battery cover but I've heard that has been fixed on the newer ones.

I have two C-Mores and one OKO. I like OKO for its size and weight and I think the dot is slightly easier to aquire in the OKO. However I think the C-More is more robust and time tested. I've see the battery covers in friends OKO's let go and the switch actually wear out from being set to the same position. If you ever want to change to a different dot size with the OKO, you need to get a complete new sight whereas accessories are easier to come by for the C-More. My latest blaster has a C-More after shooting the OKO for 1.5 years and I am very happy with it.

Norm

Here's another vote for the OKO. I know they're alot of Cmore's out there and they do work. I've shot friends guns with them and they are accurate. But I have seen and heard of tons of problems with Cmore's, and I've never heard of anyone getting anything warrantied on a Cmore (atleast so far). The main thing that I could not get over pertaining to the Cmore was the fact that you are actually bending plastic to adjust elevation, which makes them a pain in the a$$ to zero due to the fact that you don't get true lateral movement, WTF were they thinking.

Something else the OKO has is auxillary sights should the dot die, mine never has and I've been shooting it for 1 1/2 years. I used the STI mount, made for the OKO and had to modify the crap out of it because it set way too high and way too far left, I don't know if anybody makes a better mount.

Hope this was more help than confusion.

THC

I used the STI mount, made for the OKO and had to modify the crap out of it because it set way too high and way too far left, I don't know if anybody makes a better mount.

THC

sounds interesting to try..is the STI mount or the Alchin and STI adapter the only way to mount one?? see that midway has them..who else carries them??

thanks..

THC, interesting what you said about your mount being too high. I have one I bought about 3 years ago and I have it mounting on my project steel gun. The slide is flat topped within an inch of its life and the mount doesn't seem too high. How does it compare to yours?

100_3068.JPG

100_3069.JPG

Love my OKO. Had one on a STInger and the mount was way too high! Bought a Brazos mount and an OKO adapter plate and it sets almost on top of the slide. IMHO the dot is easier to pick up with the oko. Got one on a Dawson mount right now and it sets real low too.

DaG

I use an EOtech on my gun with a 1MOA dot. It is mounted on top of a Dawson Cmore type mount. The EOtech has the largest field of view, so far has been the most dependable, longer battery life and easiest to aquire the sights on. Oh ya, making sight adjustments is a huge plus over the Cmore.

Cameron

I've seen and heard quite a lot of OKO failures from people who use them in their modified guns (I know 2 people who's into their 3rd and 7th OKO, sponsored so it's free). The most common is the battery cover popping off on the old OKO models with cracked bodies being next. Maybe a modified gun subjects them to a relatively more severe abuse.

Personally, I'd go with a cmore. ;)

Has anyone had any experience with the TruGlo sight?  Looks nice on paper.

Saw one at the shotshow, was not impressed.

Friend saw one this past weekend and thought it was great !

I myself shoot the OKO sight, the Cmore's to me put the glass too far down the

gun, but, I only have the OKO's on steel load type guns, no experiance with major

loads.

I like the OKO sight better than the Cmore,

easier to pick up, dot is brighter.

dont like the sti mount though

the rescomp versa mount looks like it could be good, I really like the SVI two sided mount they put on their modified pistols.

that one sits right on the slide.