Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old dog

benos

Me thinks that muscle memory and just doing it forever for 25+ years along with the fact that you don't really think about it may have something to do with it....hehe

Being of Teutonic Heritage and being evovled 1 step above  the "fur on my back" evolutionary ladder, this is not really an issue for me.

(after all you cannot grow grass on a playground)...hehe

But

When I do have the rare occasion to cleanse my face of

filamentous projections' I choose a straight razor and I find the mirror does help aid in this process..

For what it is worth the straight razor does prevent me from performing any wasted motions, as my juglar vein is important to me and it does give me a close shave and the chicks really seem to dig it...hehe

With the advent of the modern electric razor I no  longer have the need to learn how to shave properly.

Using the electric razor seems like cheating....

Please don't ask me about how I tie my shoes.

If I had to think while I tie my Nike land sharks or my Ferragamos',  I would not be able to because I have never really thought about it while I did it.

I hope I can tie my shoes tomorrow.

Does anyone sell a scope for shaving or for tying your shoes?

I may need to buy one because I don't have the time to learn how to do it properly...

;-)

you lot..

what.

don't stop.

give it all you got

you lot.

what.

don't stop

yeah..

bird

He's not trying to shave well, he's just shaving without concern of the results.

Hell, I dry fire more often than I shave...Is that my problem?

That is an interesting analogy.

I like the bit in the book about the car keys.

Throwing the keys and catching them is just as complicated as drawing a pistol, but you'll never drop them.

But, if you entered a car-key catching tournament, how soon would you choke if the grand prize was:

$10,000,000 cash

2 hours with Britney Spears (Mel Gibson for the ladies)

Daily lessons with the entire supersquad

A lifetime supply of powder, bullets, primers

A dedicated roadie to clean guns, load ammo and paste targets.

Would those keys be any harder to catch?

SA

SS,

"How does your technique work when shaving your face? "

Funny. Yes, I was referring to my face.

Phil, Rich,

You guys are getting it... Braille, shower. And of course clever Flex realized it must be metaphor. Basically, two things - The potential for learning never ends, and, often if we shut down some senses the information from others becomes more recognizable or perceptible, allowing unbiased, unconditioned intelligence to improve the activity. We may not hit a lot of targets, but we can learn so much by dry-training with our eyes closed.

be

• 4 years later...

if it is not too obvious....

tell me why you are shaving?

I try things differently all the time because I am rarely consistant.

I spent years learning not to slice my pretty face and

now you want me to risk that carefully learned process?

can I blink instead of not look?

:-D

miranda

So can I now go back to not looking at the magwell, its been a long time trying

Always look right at the mag well.

;)

When I do something with my eyes closed, it feels like my mind is "less distracted."

Kind of another offshoot from experimenting with it is that you really get familiar with what it feels like consciously shift your attention. Another example, pay attention to your mind as looking into the mirror while flossing your teeth. Then as you're still flossing away, walk away from the mirror. (Or close your eyes.)

be