Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suppressor recommendations (pistol/rifle)

EddyB

I'm new to the suppressor world and seeking some advice........

I'm looking into getting a suppressor that works with both pistol and rifle calibers.

So far I'm looking at the Liberty Mystic X

I'm not sure if there is anything else better out there that covers that many calibers.....

I'm looking to suppress the most common pistol and rifle calibers.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. .556 1"off aim but always in the same spot on THAT RIFLE. each rifle is different. mark them. had a price reduction at shot. ADCO in Toledo sells the other best I ever saw in .556. call steve. don't member

2. .22 gemtec their aluminum 1 is the best I ever saw. I have a seahunter (titanium 1) only 6 ever made. its the out back I think. we were shooting a man size target off my deck @156 yds last nite. cci-std ammo.

3. not sure. have a gemtec raptor I think. for my mp-5's. not shot them in so long I don't member"

4. .308 don't know don't have 1 and no plans to buy/build a rifle. surefire gave me 1 5 yrs ago. still in my c-3 guys safe. l.o.l. 300 blk is not it. have 7.62x39 upper will do it all. ammo every where I go.

these are cans I use every day so I am pretty sure they are rung out. a ton here who shoot them 3 times a yr will have a million idea's. make sure u listen to people who have shot them.

good luck

jjw

Edited by jjw

Second the hybrid. Had it been out sooner, where I'd go.

Got a 30cal can rated to 300win mag I believe. But really use it for 308, 300blk, 223.

The octane 45hd is great, I went with k not hd. Shorter, not much louder. Went with 45 to shoot all common pistol calibers. Even figure and 300blk subs.

Stinger by YHM is I think best bang for buck as far as Rimfire. Rated full auto and upto 5.7

Bit more money for the Sparrow ss.

I'd get on this before July 13!

You will pay more for a lighter can and it is worth it on a 30 cal rifle can. If you are to use this for pistols you will be fairly limited on which to use it on and it will be enormous on your Buckmark. A 45 pistol can with different inserts and a Ti 308 can will serve you best. I know, thats two but thats the reality.

In reality, once you get one, you will get more.

Very true... I like my Phantom LT, QD devices make swapping to other platforms a breeze, locks up nice and tight with its ratcheting system.

I think dogtired is right on, a 45 can and 30cal can. those will get you covering dang near all calibers. Can shoot rimfire through the 45 can.

But you'll want a rimfire can after you get a centerfire suppressor. Mack Bros Vapor is a great value too, all titanium, super light, super strong,

FA rated and rated up to 5.7

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a fan of one for all. I have 5 suppressors right now and could get by with 3. I am a SilencerCo fan and would go with a SS Sparrow for 22, Omega 30 for Rifle, and Octane 45 for Handgun.

• 2 weeks later...

There really is no one size fits all applications suppressor. Rifle cans are too heavy to work with pistols, pistol cans were never meant to work with rifle pressures, and .22 is too nasty to put through centerfield cans long term.

Having said that, 9mm works in .45 cans, .223 works in .30 cans. Subguns and PCC tend to suppress better with old school volumetric designs. Full auto rated.22 cans are nice, but do you really need one?

1 would suggest a nice 22 aluminum can like the Bowers Paradigm. Great suppression, great warranty, great cleaning service too.

For pistols, a Silencerco Osprey in .45, with inserts to fit what you need. If you have a PCC as well, then switch to the Octane.

For rifle, Surefire in the biggest caliber that you think you will suppress. Add QD mounts as needed. You can also get more informed info at a NFA sight such as Subguns.com.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Second the hybrid. Had it been out sooner, where I'd go.

Got a 30cal can rated to 300win mag I believe. But really use it for 308, 300blk, 223.

The octane 45hd is great, I went with k not hd. Shorter, not much louder. Went with 45 to shoot all common pistol calibers. Even figure and 300blk subs.

Stinger by YHM is I think best bang for buck as far as Rimfire. Rated full auto and upto 5.7

Bit more money for the Sparrow ss.

I'd get on this before July 13!

The exact route we went.