Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40s&w single stack mags

rustychev

To day I put in a order for a sig traditional match elite in 40. I would like to use the 10mm/40sw trip cory mags that will hold 10 rounds and still fit the box but I also would like to be able to share ammo with my glock 24 limited gun with max oal of 1.125. dose any one know if they will feed at that oal or will I have to get the standard 40 mags that hold just 9 rounds

Got a Kimber I converted to .40S&W. Feeds factory length ammo fine. Had to recontour the feed ramp (basically trim it back to the front strap inside the frame) and install an EGW higher mag catch. It'll feed from Tripp, Mec Gar, Metalform, Checkmate and any other .40 S&W mags (the ones with the spacer).

It's a Kart barrel, with a chamber that won't run long ammo. Got the same barrel in my Caspian High Cap Limited gun. Same ammo feeds in both guns fine.

Only way to know for sure is to try.

Edited by robertg5322

The tripp corey 10mm mags only hold 9 rounds. They feed much better with long loaded ammo in my experience. One gun will run shorties, the other won't. I would stick to standard .40 mags that hold 10 rounds if you are wanting to load short.

I use the Tripp Corey mags and have run both long and short 40 through them, I only load long now but I had some leftover short 40 for my 24 and was curious one day to see if they would go and they fed perfectly. ymmv.

Edited by Th3Un4givin

I hope it works for me but worst thing that happens is I have to make two loads one long one short. The truth is 2K rounds short will last a long time as I shoot limited 2 maybe 3 times a year.

I use the 10 red Tripp mags with std length 40's. My only complaint is at slide you can over insert mag. The base

Pad has piece on front of mag that should prevent it, but it flexes away from mag and allows over insertion.

I hope it works for me but worst thing that happens is I have to make two loads one long one short. The truth is 2K rounds short will last a long time as I shoot limited 2 maybe 3 times a year.

If you go to loading long 40 I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how soft shooting you can get 40 with the right powder.

Got them last night and shot them today they feed all my 40 rounds both RN and LSWC at 1.125 100% very happy with that. Less happy with how they fit the box. My box was made by a member on BE and I did have him cut it on the tight side but I have to press on the bottom of the mag for the gun to drop into the box and then it is a tight fit.

Edit

Is it legal to have to press the mag in to fit the box I don't see that's its not ok in the rule book?

Edited by rustychev

Got them last night and shot them today they feed all my 40 rounds both RN and LSWC at 1.125 100% very happy with that. Less happy with how they fit the box. My box was made by a member on BE and I did have him cut it on the tight side but I have to press on the bottom of the mag for the gun to drop into the box and then it is a tight fit.

Edit

Is it legal to have to press the mag in to fit the box I don't see that's its not ok in the rule book?

As long as it fits. At least that is what I have seen.

I use the tripp mags as well. It has the modified metal base pads. I too was not happy with the fit in the box, they fit but it was tight. I looked at where they were rubbing and shaved a little more of the base pads. Wasn't much, but the gun drops in now.