Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the idea behind the Infinity QB Hammer shape?

I believe it was designed for a 5.4" barrel to fit in IPSC box.

?

The beavertail is always longer than the hammer is, is it not? Or am I missing the obvious sarcasm here? I have a bobbed beavertail on my open gun and it is still longer than my hammer.

I believe it was designed for a 5.4" barrel to fit in IPSC box.

?

The beavertail is always longer than the hammer is, is it not? Or am I missing the obvious sarcasm here? I have a bobbed beavertail on my open gun and it is still longer than my hammer.

Please see picture below from SV Infinity.post-61780-146008980288_thumb.jpg

I had a similar hammer on an Edge. When dry fire practice, rack the slide and pull the trigger. It never occurred to me to cock the hammer back on that or my 1911 manually when dry firing.

Is that a single stack gun?

That basic hammer shape been around for a long time C&S, nowlin and weigend made similar hammers in the 90's, light weight, quick lock time

Mimics the weight of a TI hammer without the problems of being brittle or wearing out

Is that a single stack gun?

It's marketed towards IPSC Standard shooters (similar to USPSA Limited) their guns have to fit into a box, so to get away with a 5.4" barrel, they have to trim a little off the back to make it fit, hence the magwell/MSH/grip safety.