Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mbx mags

mro111lland

So I have 2 mbx mags now and not happy with them at all found a flaw in there design. If u look at a factory sti or sps mag after the feed lips there are rails that I think keep the round straight as they head for the chamber. The mbx mags have shorter lips and no rails. So in my gun at least what is happining is after the round leaves the lips it kicked off to the left side and causes the round to hit the bottom left corner of the breach face stopping g it dead 3 point jam. Have never had this isue until these mags

What are you shooting? 38 super, 9mm, 40 cal? I am not overly impressed for the price of these "tuned" mags. I had some problems with cold weather and have not had time to shoot outdoors much lately. They seem to work well at the indoor range, but I am wondering if there are problems. I had one go salt shaker on me, but again, that was in cold weather.

I am using them for 9mm Major.

The MBX mags run good.

I'm not really following the "rails" you are describing, some of the early generation ones had sub par springs, and the follower got redesigned. I have the new stuff and have had no problems.

As for the price, it's not bad, considering that an STI tube is 75, a good basepad is 35, grams spring and follower is 17 and a spacer is 9. That's $136 to build up your own. I don't mind the extra $24 for a quality mag that I don't have to fart around with a spacer in.

Although I have never had to contact them, MBX has appeared to be happy to remedy problems. Perhaps shoot them an email and give em a chance to help you out.

Good luck!

I have 2 140s and 1 170. They run flawlessly.

So far, Mine run great as well. Indoor and out. I have the newer ones in 9/38, both 140 and 170. I have talked via email with Adrian and found him very responsive to questions and I have no doubt if you contact him, he will make his product right.

I suggest you at least give him a chance.

Molson

I recently bought one 1 - 170 MBX mag ... to shoot in my 9 Major STI DVC... it runs flawlessly... however I cannot get 30 rounds in it no matter how hard I try...

Edited by cecil

I shoot 9mm major, if you compair feel lip length to an sti tube is .050 shorter on the mbx and after the feed lips on the left side it is cut out, no more metal. its hard to explane but it like the round is no longer being controled and bounced off to the left side of the camber and get stuck between the top of the chamber and the lower left corner of the beach face below the ejector channle. i have a 155mm one and a 170 mm one both are causing this type of jams my sti 140 mm mags feed with no problems at all.

The MBX mags run good.

I'm not really following the "rails" you are describing, some of the early generation ones had sub par springs, and the follower got redesigned. I have the new stuff and have had no problems.

As for the price, it's not bad, considering that an STI tube is 75, a good basepad is 35, grams spring and follower is 17 and a spacer is 9. That's $136 to build up your own. I don't mind the extra $24 for a quality mag that I don't have to fart around with a spacer in.

Although I have never had to contact them, MBX has appeared to be happy to remedy problems. Perhaps shoot them an email and give em a chance to help you out.

Good luck!

All that said and you forgot shipping on al those parts is at least another $15.00 so 136+15=== 151.00 Edited by EEH

I shoot 9mm major, if you compair feel lip length to an sti tube is .050 shorter on the mbx and after the feed lips on the left side it is cut out, no more metal. its hard to explane but it like the round is no longer being controled and bounced off to the left side of the camber and get stuck between the top of the chamber and the lower left corner of the beach face below the ejector channle. i have a 155mm one and a 170 mm one both are causing this type of jams my sti 140 mm mags feed with no problems at all.

Although I still can't follow your problem, clearly it is legit if you consistently have specific failures and the STI mags run no problem. I'm pretty sure that an email to MBX would solve your problem.

Good luck.

I run a Freedom Gunworks 9mm major. I use MBX magazines with the gun. Most of the time the mags have worked fine, but on two occasions I have had a bullets fall under the follower and drop to the bottom of the magazine inside the tube. I have no idea what caused this. Other than that the mags have ran fine.

I run a Freedom Gunworks 9mm major. I use MBX magazines with the gun. Most of the time the mags have worked fine, but on two occasions I have had a bullets fall under the follower and drop to the bottom of the magazine inside the tube. I have no idea what caused this. Other than that the mags have ran fine.

It is called salt shaker. A round slips past the follower, once you get down into the area where there are no ribs. Happens more readily with the SVI mags, since their ribs stop pretty darn high. Some people, including Eric here, do the alteration, extending the ribs down a bit, and it prevents that condition.

E-mailed mbx explaning the isue i am having, had me take pics of the mag in the gun wiht no slide so they could see hight he then called me talked with him for 15 minutes (nice Guy) he wants me to try a few different things like replace the aftec extractor with a factory one and run a litle heavery recoil spring to see if that helps also no shock buff did all that, we had a mini match last night 3 stages 70 round or so gun ran fine last night so will continue to run it as is and see if it works or not .He said if I am not happy with the mags will gladly refund my money so will see if it continues to work will start 1 at a time install extractor again then shock buff then lighter spring to see what the fault was and will up date

• 4 weeks later...

I bought two of the .45 140 MM tubes and have not has a single feeding issue. I am really surprised at your issues. I have had issues with the 10 round STI's, but I cannot think of a reason why you are having these troubles. The folks at MBX have been super with me.

This is what I think is going on feed lips are shorter on mbx mags.think slide is hitting round and is not in the feed lips long enought to get under extractor when it miss feeds the round is Jamed on eather side of the breach face and top of the chamber have never had this kind of miss feed with any other mag

After 4 matches 2 with mbx and 2 with sti mags I'm done with mbx 19 feeding isues with mbx 0 with sti and 1 match was a full steel chalange with sti mags 300 rounds flawless

That sucks.. I was hoping a better out come. I use MBX mags and have not issues. What's your OAL one your bullets and recoil spring weight? Any picture of the malfunction?