Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sell CZ SP01 mags and buy Mec-Gar?

Hallz

If you want to stick with 10rd mags, go with the mecgar 10rders. They're the same body as the 17rders but they put a dimple on the side of the mag so the follower can't go past to accept 10+ rounds.

Cheapest and fastest you'd get them is from gregcotellc. You'll also be able to use the same basepads (as stated from other posters) & mag springs used for standard 17rd mecgar mags.

Edited by cjfung10

If you want to stick with 10rd mags, go with the mecgar 10rders. They're the same body as the 17rders but they put a dimple on the side of the mag so the follower can't go past to accept 10+ rounds.

Cheapest and fastest you'd get them is from gregcotellc. You'll also be able to use the same basepads (as stated from other posters) & mag springs used for standard 17rd mecgar mags.

This.

And a couple things to note; if you're shopping for base pads, as stated above, the 10's are the same body as the 17. So people will tell you they don't fit, (even the base pad manufacturer) but the will.

Co-sign on Greg for the mags. Unbeatable.

I like to support those who support us but if you need them in a pinch cheaperthan dirt has them for a little less.

It would have to be a BIG pinch indeed. $99.97 for a PMAG.... no forgiveness here.

I like to support those who support us but if you need them in a pinch cheaperthan dirt has them for a little less.

Thanks for the heads up, I will not buy from them unless I do not have another option.

I did some clean up work and swapped in a few CGW parts and have yet to shoot it. Other than the want factor, I can wait, hopefully GC will get some soon though. Holster has already been ordered and I am eager to get a load dialed in for it and run it so I can order some sights and tune it to the load.

Like a kid waiting for Christmas I'll tell ya!

Not sure where PMAG came from but the mecgars on Cheaperthandirt are 23.34

A lot of people (myself included) refuse to shop at Cheaper than dirt because of the incredible price gouging that they did during a few of the magazine/gun/ammo shortages. Like the 100 dollar PMAGs.