Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 grip problem

mro111lland

It's an sps grip egw mag catch mags seat fine

FWIW I had an SPS Mag and it was made of soft metal, easily formed and even gained 1 round. BUT would fail to hold shape due to the softness and then wouldn't drop. After fighting it for months, gave up and use it only for play. Sometimes it's best to stick with original.

Hello: Is it a SPS grip on a SPS frame or different frame? Not all of the frames are the same. If it is breaking at the mag release then it is a magazine problem pushing down on the grip. Is the magazine rubbing on the disconnector rail? Are the grip screws coming loose? Thanks, Eric

Talked to a gunsmith said might be timing problem, said if not unlocking soon enought could transfusre all the recoil to the frame. If that were the case one would thing after a total of 8000 rounds on the gun something else would have broken by now dont u thing? Thing im gona call brazos where im geting my new grip form see what they say

Updat to grip problem, I called colorado gun works is the smith who does warenty repairs for eagle imports sps grandpower ect explaned to him what was going on he aske me if i had the new style grip or old design (ha) said i reveced second grip in Decenber, he said the dementions on some of the metal plats in the grips were way off and the polomer was not up to par so the sti grip should resolve my isue will update when i get it on