Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who else is waiting on the 320 RX?

BASE772

Really wanting to try this gun. I already know I can see way better with a dot. Shot "Open" for a season. But don't want to count out iron sights just yet. That's coming soon enough with age.

Would like to shoot a couple Carry Optics matches this year but not going set up any other red dot on a 320 with the RX floating out there somewhere.

I'm curious if there will be slides/optics that are available on release. I have to FCU and multiple caliber x-change kits for the 320 already. If not I will probably get a whole gun, because I really like red dots. Dots work better for me than irons.

There were no RX versions of the Target models as such at SHOT. The two 5" guns on display were said to be the only two prototypes built so far. However, they were said to be close to production after a few more tweaks. Mid 2016 was the time given but we all know how that goes.

Craig.

I had some hands on with the RX and snapped a few pictures as well. I am definitely excited to get one and hope to hang around the day after Production Nationals to shoot CO Nats. I am actually shooting a CO match tonight with a P320 and a DeltaPoint in an attempt to at least get classified in CO.

Everything is waiting on the release of the Romeo1, which is still scheduled for later next month. As soon as the factory gets a hold of them then you can expect Full Size and Compact RX to start rolling out. The priority will be full guns first. Exchange kits will likely happen but not until later. A P320 Target is also possible but, again, not until later. If I wanted to shoot a P320 Target in CO for Nationals this year I would plan on buying a Target and having the slide milled for a Romeo. That is only my assumption there, no inside knowledge on my part about the timing of a P320 Target RX. I just think they need to get some of the already announced stuff out the door before focusing on new variants.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't this supposed to be out already?

Since early January the Optics guys I talked to had always said the end of the quarter. I checked in a couple of weeks ago and heard that they weren't still on target for an April release with the adapter plates coming a couple months after.

Is the RX model going to have mounting compatibility with other existing optics (DP Pro, RMR, Aimpoint, etc…) or only with the Romeo1? Seems like trying to sell the whole package, as opposed to an optic capable slide is in contrast to what's slowly becoming the industry norm.

Is the RX model going to have mounting compatibility with other existing optics (DP Pro, RMR, Aimpoint, etc…) or only with the Romeo1? Seems like trying to sell the whole package, as opposed to an optic capable slide is in contrast to what's slowly becoming the industry norm.

One advantage of having the RX come as a complete package optimized for an included scope is that you don't have to have adapter plates like the Glock models sport. Also, of course, the optic comes with the gun and is already mounted and co-witnessed, making a reddot option much more accessible. The mounting holes on the Romeo look pretty close to the Leopold ones and as long as it fit in the notch you might be able to have more holes drilled and tapped if necessary. Let's hope that the Romeo1 is good enough that people won't be compelled to find other options.

And would the be an option to get it with 15 round magazines (stupid politicians).

The Compact ships with 15 round magazines and a Compact length RX has been promised.

The Obsidian Arms base pads would do a reasonable job of extending out the Compact grip if you were stuck with those magazines. Otherwise there are 10 round magazines available for the full size (which usually holds 17).

…Otherwise there are 10 round magazines available for the full size (which usually holds 17).

The ten rounders would be better as they are full-size.. I'd like to get another XDM to back up my current setup but its hard to get them in Colorado as they only ship XDM's with 19 round magazines, hence the reason to look for alternative options.

One advantage of having the RX come as a complete package optimized for an included scope is that you don't have to have adapter plates like the Glock models sport. Also, of course, the optic comes with the gun and is already mounted and co-witnessed, making a reddot option much more accessible. The mounting holes on the Romeo look pretty close to the Leopold ones and as long as it fit in the notch you might be able to have more holes drilled and tapped if necessary. Let's hope that the Romeo1 is good enough that people won't be compelled to find other options.

Having the ability to use the slide with your choice of optics would make a lot more sense and is, IMO, one of the reasons the whole concept is gaining a bit more traction industry wide. Folks can buy an optic capable pistol for just a bit more $$$ than a standard slide and then dabble at their own leisure.

It's pretty obvious the development of optics is going to continue. Having an adapter allows the owner to potentially keep up with that development if they choose to seems smart, rather than being 'stuck in the mud' with a single optic choice. Having the adapter system would also keep the RX pistol rolling regardless of the success of their in-house red dot solution.

But that said, I'm all for hoping the Romeo is successful.

t

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have seen some Grayguns teaser pics of P320 flat triggers. Since Bruce is now part of Sig R&D it's unsure which products will make it into a Factory P320 vs a Grayguns part. I know some of these upgrades are getting close to release and I am holding off on buying a P320 until I know if I need to buy a special RX model or if I can have what I want with a Grayguns kit and a stock P320. I am a big Grayguns and Sig fan and enjoy following Team Sig shooters like Alma. They are really rocking the P320 out there! Bruce is a real nice guy. I was having trouble shooting alphas using my non dominant hand with my P226 in local IDPA matches and he gave me a free action job. Just the kind of guy he is.

Bruce just let the cat out of the bag. It's a drop in kit that will work with a stock P320. No polishing necessary. Trigger weight around 4.5lbs. Time to buy the full size P320 9mm!

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk