Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who else is waiting on the 320 RX?

BASE772

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool. But at this point I'd might as well wait on the P320 Target with the removable plate for rear sights or optic.

I'm at that age where I can still shoot irons but can for sure see better with my RX glasses and a red dot.

If the target model also has the removable plate for an optic that is great.

Do you think it will only fit Sig optics or have adapters for other brands?

Adapter plates directly from SIG are a possibility in the future aftermarket adapter plates could be possible as well.

I saw the p320 romeo the other day. Comes with the red dot for $799. Seems like a pretty good deal!

Hopefully the target model is close to release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by 3djedi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, alma said:

Tungsten 

Never tried a Tungsten in a 320. I hated the tungsten in the 226 Legion SAO/MK25 RX "FrankinSig" I've been shooting with the Romeo. The solid steel guiderod is good. But I've  actually found a stock hollow guide rod works best for me in that gun along with a 13lb Wolff 226 variable recoil spring. Keeps the dot steadier than any other combation I've tried. Guess my recoil management is better than my muzzle dip management. 

Edited by BASE772
That's with a 147 gr at 900fps

22 hours ago, JunotFranco said:

Who has them in stock??

The two-tone are back in stock at Cabela's. You can order online and have it shipped to the closest Cabela's store to you. 

http://www.cabelas.com/product/sig-sauer-reg-p320-pistol/2358450.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dp320%2B%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%3BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=p320+

Here is a black in stock for $750. The product code for the black version is 320F-9-BSS-RX

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/175958/320f9bssrx/sig-sauer-p320-full-size-9mm-wromeo1-reflex-sight

• 2 months later...

Another big batch just shipped out. Cabela's has the two tone and the black slide version is going out to other dealers. 

product codes are: 320F-9-BSS-RX for the black slide

320F-9-TSS-RX for the two tone at Cabela's

I think a bright 3 MOA is not a disadvantage. It gives you a very fine sight picture capability that helps a lot on the longer shots but doesn't really seem slower on everything else. 

That said, the R1 isn't as bright as the R3. When comparing the two I am like at brightness level 7/10 on the R3 to equal max brightness on the R1. The R1 works well and is visible in bright sun but I feel like to be perfect it should either have the ability to go slightly brighter or opt for a 6 MOA. Out of the box I still think the P320RX is a great package, is an excellent value and it's what I am shooting for the next few months at a minimum. 

I purchased a P320RX from Cabela's a few months ago. I've shot it in practice and a few matches. I really like how the gun shoots - mostly. Love how easy it is to break down and clean.

The 3 MOA dot is okay but I would much prefer a 6 or 8 MOA. It's fine standing and shooting one shot at a time like steel but when you are shooting follow up shots and multiple close targets fast, you see a diagonal line (as with other dots) instead of a dot. This line on the Romero 1 is thin, dull and hard to see. I have an 8 MOA on an Open gun I like much better.

Unfortunately, Sig cut the slide mount to only fit their optic - big bummer. Then, they limit you to one optic (which is 3 MOA). If I had to do it over again, I would have just bought a P320 and had the slide cut and put the optic I prefer on it. That adds about $550 to the cost of a standard P320. I may still do that and sell the RX next year. But, in the mean time, I sent my CZ Shadow slide to be milled for the dot I prefer. There is also the issue of the P320's 7/8lb trigger pull. Another $300 to send it off and get it down, which I would like. I read a post by Bruce on Facebook that they have their trigger kit parts ready and hope to announce it's availability early next year - Shot Show if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked mine up on Friday.

So far I've only punched paper and done some dry drills at home. I am faster with it than irons, but my groups have opened up dramatically. Now I'm shooting 6-8" groups at 25 when I can do 3-4" with irons, but the red dot is faster... With more practice, I hope to get it down and in check.

59F57EA3-919D-49B7-90DF-ED1C44DA66CF_zps]