Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

It would be a lot more interesting if it came stock with the bushing.

I believe there are concerns that they will not approve the bushing version for IPSC Production.

Edited by BMaus

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bushing guns would more likely be legal if all shadow 2s were built with the bushing. As a custom feature on show guns, they are not going to be production or IDPA legal. The guns look excellent but I'm asking myself are they just the latest and greatest or do they offer enough advantage over my tried, true, and tuned shadows for me to pony up the cash? I suppose I'll get to decide when they actually are available.

Edited by twowheels

Has there been any word on whether they will available for USA and added to USPSA production list?

Derek Perrault What's the word? When can we see it in US dealers' hands?

I need this gun!

420213_10150598439152401_1473483968_n.jp
CZ-USA Derek- Frankly, we have no idea. When production starts up we're set to get the first run of them to do testing with, but we don't want to speculate as to when we'd actually start shipping them. Thanks!

Has there been any word on whether they will available for USA and added to USPSA production list?

Derek Perrault What's the word? When can we see it in US dealers' hands?

I need this gun!

420213_10150598439152401_1473483968_n.jp
CZ-USA Derek- Frankly, we have no idea. When production starts up we're set to get the first run of them to do testing with, but we don't want to speculate as to when we'd actually start shipping them. Thanks!

:(

They wanted to bring a gun in and not be ridiculously expensive, so the bushing gun is at least a year off. Whether or not they apply for it to be a Production Div gun is unknown. They did set precedent with the Oranges and Shadowmates that some countries got, so creating a new Orange with a bushing isn't a bad idea. But it will cost more. it also takes more time to produce which would mean smaller quantities per year vs the production that they can do with the new gun without the bushing.
I'd love to post all my pics, but I can't post enough per thread to have any kind of continuity.

A close up of the interior

sS53grv.jpg

Maria's wee hand gripping the gun and having no issue getting on the trigger

Q363l7i.jpg

The bushing gun

kYsv6K0.jpg

Some Bling

cUld44i.jpg

IPSC rules is my guess

http://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-cts-ls-p-sa-da-9mm-black.html

Can't help but wonder why they didn't do something like that, ala Glock 34 and Springfield 5.25 ??

Maybe just did not want to hurt cz custom ?

127mm max barrel length in IPSC.

if you notice the mags they are showing with the pistol too, those wont fit the USPSA Production box (no box in IPSC)

IPSC rules is my guess

http://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-cts-ls-p-sa-da-9mm-black.html

Can't help but wonder why they didn't do something like that, ala Glock 34 and Springfield 5.25 ??

Maybe just did not want to hurt cz custom ?

127mm max barrel length in IPSC.

if you notice the mags they are showing with the pistol too, those wont fit the USPSA Production box (no box in IPSC)

"IPSC rules is my guess"

The fog is lifted, thank you both.

I've been in the market looking at the stock 3's . Perhaps I should wait lol

Why?

CZ copied the stock 3 design on this one. The S3 is heavier. The S3 is a better production gun. I like the Shadow 2 (I have a shadow target now), but I'm going with a S3 this season.

Why?

CZ copied the stock 3 design on this one. The S3 is heavier. The S3 is a better production gun. I like the Shadow 2 (I have a shadow target now), but I'm going with a S3 this season.

CZ for better triggers and more/cheaper aftermarket parts ?

Do not know, just asking.

Why?

Why Stock3, is the Stock2 with the bull barrel not better?

Why?

Why Stock3, is the Stock2 with the bull barrel not better?

I was comparing stock 3 and shadow 2 since that is what CZ copied in its exterior design. True, you can't quite get the trigger to CZ specs (I got my shadow to 1# 10oz SA). But do you guys really feel the difference when the buzzer goes off...?

I would take the Shadow 2 over a Stock 2 or 3 any day of the week, I took a regular Shadow over my Stock II originally. The Shadow has a better trigger, better sights and most importantly, for me, flush safeties. Tanfoglio refuses to make flush safeties, had that discussion with them at IWA, they cite "liability" concerns. Weird how others don't have that same concern.

And I laugh at people saying CZ is copying Tanfoglio, because umm, what is a Tanfo again? oh yeah a copy of a CZ.

I would take the Shadow 2 over a Stock 2 or 3 any day of the week, I took a regular Shadow over my Stock II originally. The Shadow has a better trigger, better sights and most importantly, for me, flush safeties. Tanfoglio refuses to make flush safeties, had that discussion with them at IWA, they cite "liability" concerns. Weird how others don't have that same concern.

And I laugh at people saying CZ is copying Tanfoglio, because umm, what is a Tanfo again? oh yeah a copy of a CZ.

Look at the current shadow. then look at the stock iii. then look at the shadow 2.

You're right, CZ didn't copy the stock iii for the shadow 2.

lol

The work done to the S2 started long before the Stock III came out, they were already working on an upgrade in 2010 when I visited the factory for the first time. I, among others on that trip, were asked to list things that I wanted to see, improvements, simple changes etc, to the gun. Many of the things I wrote down, from proper checkering, better slide serrations for manipulations and a good, solid adjustable rear sight, are now incorporated into this gun. I know I wasn't unique in my answers, as it was things I'd heard from others, and were things people like Angus had told them previously as well.

There's no dispute that the Stock 3 and Shadow 2 are very much alike. The "who's copied who" argument can go on and on, but I don't see the point. It will lead nowhere. I'm just glad that CZ also has a full five-incher on offer.

Competition is a great thing. Tanfoglio has had a 25% price increase on the Stock 3 in my country over the last 2 years. The Shadow 2 looks to be about 10% more expensive than the blued Stock 3, which is about right. Between those, I think the Shadow 2 has the edge. It has better trigger, better coating and adjustable mag release. In my opinion, the Stock 3 has nothing on the Shadow 2, except price and possible ergonomics that could fit an individual shooters hand better.

I'm even considering trying the Shadow 2 out to see if I prefer it over my Stock 2 AU.

About the trigger again. I used to have a shadow and, yes, it had a better trigger. But the Tanfoglio trigger can be made great too, just not as good. The difference is not significant for me, it makes no difference when the buzzer goes off. I'm not someone that needs the best trigger available, I just need "good enough" and the Tanfo is there by a big margin.

possible ergonomics that could fit an individual shooters hand better.

Much more important to me than the other Tanfo vs Cz details (and why I'm shooting a 75 LS) , if the new gun fits my hand better this could be expensive.

Why?

CZ for better triggers and more/cheaper aftermarket parts ?

Do not know, just asking.

more/cheaper aftermarket parts

^^This

About the trigger again. I used to have a shadow and, yes, it had a better trigger. But the Tanfoglio trigger can be made great too, just not as good. The difference is not significant for me, it makes no difference when the buzzer goes off. I'm not someone that needs the best trigger available, I just need "good enough" and the Tanfo is there by a big margin.

Agreed. I got my shadow down to 1# 10oz, and still prefer and shoot S3 better.

IMG_20160301_202408_zps5ar42wso.jpg