Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Before/After Slide Ride to RTS2

wblacksh

What is the latest on the reliability issues with the RTS2? What was done to correct the problems? I'd love to switch to this setup but I'm hesitant to at this point

i think it really depends on mounting....on the slide versus on a mount. STI knows their market...They don't want these coming back all the time for warranty.

The latest versions do seem to be better.

I had a version 3 with 8 min. dot run last summer/fall without

any issue's. They may be past version 3 already but I don't

know of anyway from the outside to tell what you have.

I'm sure C-More can tell from the serial number.

Whatever you go with make sure you have a back-up.

Even the older SL and Slide rides have had issue's with lens, dimmer pots,

and staying zero'd.

I just moved to open division and picked up a rig with the slide ride on it but really want to go the rts2 route. I would hope cmore would work out the issues rather quickly....we'll see

Sloan's RTS 2 is great so far. I'll keep you updated if we encounter any issues.

I think having a strong mount, and keeping everything tight helps.

Lest everyone forget, slide rides are not without issues. Had two go out due to cracked switch leads last year.

I just moved to open division and picked up a rig with the slide ride on it but really want to go the rts2 route. I would hope cmore would work out the issues rather quickly....we'll see

Sloan's RTS 2 is great so far. I'll keep you updated if we encounter any issues.

I think having a strong mount, and keeping everything tight helps.

Lest everyone forget, slide rides are not without issues. Had two go out due to cracked switch leads last year.

Yes, please keep me posted! I am aware of the issues with the slide rides also. I just didn't want to jump to a platform with more issues....plus I have access to several backup slide rides.

Holy cr@p, that first one looks like its a full half inch off. The RTS is much better, but still not close.

That would irk me something awful...

You don't even notice the offset when shooting.