Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Steel Nationals in Florida

danjordan78

I'm so excited to get to shoot this match again! It's been too long.

I'm looking forward to the new venue, but I'm definitely going to miss gator bites and beer with the gang after practice!

I see "side match" sponsors listed on the US Steel website sponsors page. Was there side matches there last year? I don't remember any.

Hasn't been a side match in the last 4-5 years. So this will be new, probably Manny's idea.

Helped set up the range today. Things are looking good. Love this range, it's a great layout for the match. Should be overcast most of the week with some rain in the forecast. Looking forward to it!

Paper receipts are nice when it comes to double checking your scores on the wall of sadness (or glee, as the case may be).

Plus they have a very good stats and data entry officer so I don't think the competitors had to wait long after the last shot was fired to see the provisional results.

Paper receipts are nice when it comes to double checking your scores on the wall of sadness (or glee, as the case may be).

Plus they have a very good stats and data entry officer so I don't think the competitors had to wait long after the last shot was fired to see the provisional results.

I've got to give the stats folks credit, it's a ton of work to manage all the scores.

Scores were up fairly fast, but awards got screwed up the past two years because of the program they were using. Some of the junior categories in particular. There is lots of pressure and support to go to practiscore next year for scoring, registration, and squadding which would be nice!

Wow, that is an insane score in limited

Not as insane as Max's score, shooting Production, on Smoke and Hope ; 6.86 ! For a reference point, KC shot a 6.37 with a rimfire. That's roughly 0.13 slower per run coming out of a holster.

Scores were up fairly fast, but awards got screwed up the past two years because of the program they were using. Some of the junior categories in particular. There is lots of pressure and support to go to practiscore next year for scoring, registration, and squadding which would be nice!

If they make it a sanctioned match next year I'd volunteer to handle registration/stats, etc. for them. I'd even provide the tablets for scoring. I just need WiFi at the range and I'd be good to go.