Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Steel Nationals in Florida

danjordan78

Not sure why they didn't post it to the website, but registration is open. If you want an entry form pm me and I will email one to you.

Interesting thing is the email to what I assume was people that shot last year came from Manny Bragg....

Doesn't appear to be affiliated with Steel Challenge so I'll pass. I'll express my displeasure to my AD and the bearded one.

ETA: Foley is aware and is working it. I think he's going to be an outstanding president for our organization.

Edited by ZackJones

Zach, this is a free standing event and for the last couple years has been a much better match than the Steel Challenge. They had an agreement with Dave Thomas and were sanctioned for years. It has new ownership and don't know the status, but it is one not to miss regardless.

DougC

Yep, this is a very well run match and is not sub-standard in any aspect.

Great match staff, serious competition, lots of fun, good food, and the prize table is pretty generous. :D

If you enjoy shooting steel and can make the match it is highly recommended. Good time of year to be in Florida.

I have RO'd this a couple times and wanted to again this year but a job change and uncertainty in getting the required time off kept me from being able to commit to work it this year - which was really disappointing to me. (The RO I was partnered with is probably not nearly as disappointed, though. ;):P )

Edited by Bamboo

I'm sure that it's a great match and I would probably have a great time shooting it but I just can't bring myself to spend the $$$ to shoot an unsanctioned match, no matter how good it is. I don't shoot GA State match for the same reason.

I'm sure that it's a great match and I would probably have a great time shooting it but I just can't bring myself to spend the $$$ to shoot an unsanctioned match, no matter how good it is. I don't shoot GA State match for the same reason.

Makes zero sense.

It is one of the longest running major steel challenge matches. Has much of the pros shooting it. Is in Florida in March which means great weather. Has a pretty good prize table.

About the only negative there is that they don't submit your score to SCSA for classification. But no one is doing anything with the SCSA class system.

Makes zero sense.

It is one of the longest running major steel challenge matches. Has much of the pros shooting it. Is in Florida in March which means great weather. Has a pretty good prize table.

About the only negative there is that they don't submit your score to SCSA for classification. But no one is doing anything with the SCSA class system.

Ok pay my entry fee and I'll come shoot it :).

Makes zero sense.

Ok pay my entry fee and I'll come shoot it :).

Why would I, less production shooters between me and the prize table the better.

But your want to not support unsanctioned matches will leave out much of the Steel Challenge matches out there.

Edited by PPGMD

My desire to shoot outweighs my desire to let politics, policy, and opinions keep me from it. To each their own. You have to decide what your threshold is, and realize that other's might be different.

The same type of discussion was had around the Steel Challenge being held in California. I realize some wouldn't go for political reasons, so be it. I chose to go because I wanted to shoot more than I wanted to make a point. And before anyone throws the mag capacity issue out there, it's still a choice.

I won't argue with anyone that chooses not to go if it's not a sanctioned SC match. It's up to each of us to think for ourselves and decide where the line is. My line happens to be closer to the firing line than the parking lot:)

• 1 month later...

Practice at Volusia actually is allowed starting Tues afternoon & all day We'd/Thurs, cost is $25/day for non club members ... Don't remember what teh cost is to practice all 3 days ... However, an 8-stage match on Sun is still good!

Practice at Volusia actually is allowed starting Tues afternoon & all day We'd/Thurs, cost is $25/day for non club members ... Don't remember what teh cost is to practice all 3 days ... However, an 8-stage match on Sun is still good!

$45 for the week.