Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thomas Hart of MOA Precision needs your help!

P.E. Kelley

Tom as some of you know suffers from crohn's disease and has a hip that has degenerated to the point of need replacement (he is only 40) NOW he hits Black Ice on the way home from Shot Show and rolls his truck!

This will all but put him out of business...he is OK considering. but he is in need of funds to get back on his feet.

So please toss a few bucks in the ring... here https://www.gofundme.com/a2h3efvg

Thank you

Patrick

post-2671-0-87440500-1453695596_thumb.jp

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Thanks so much to all of you for your help and support! I am back in the shop today, trying to catch up on messages and emails. All four who were involved in the accident are OK, just a little beat up. I am hoping for some kind of a breakthrough before my scheduled surgery, because as of right now, we have no insurance. Apparently it is possible to have so little income that you don't qualify for Obamacare (because they expect you to be covered by your state's version of medicaid) but still not be covered under the state plan. So unless something changes in the next week, I will lose my slot for the surgery and go to the back of the 6 month wait list.......again. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on my health issues-

The surgeon pulled the plug on my hip surgery 3 days before it was supposed to happen. He is concerned that because of my Crohn's disease and the fact that Immune Suppressants and Steroids have been used to treat it that I am more prone to infection than he would like. In the meantime, I had been off of the immune suppressants since November prepping for the surgery so my Crohn's symptoms have been flaring badly. So now, they won't do surgery until my Crohn's is better, but don't want me to take the drugs that help with the Crohn's. Now I am looking for another surgeon who understands that I am willing to risk a surgical infection to regain some mobility. It has been severely depressing losing the ability to do the things in life that I get enjoyment from, and toughing out each day just trying to get enough work done to feed the kids when I hurt too much to ANYTHING afterwards. I can't even sit on the bleachers long enough to watch my sons play little league games. Trying some supplements and other things to help, but because I have already had so much of my intestines removed through surgeries I don't get much benefit from them. Looking for long term solutions, but not seeing a lot of avenues at this point. All of your well-wishes and support have been greatly appreciated, and I hope at some point to get back in the game.

Update on my health issues-

The surgeon pulled the plug on my hip surgery 3 days before it was supposed to happen. He is concerned that because of my Crohn's disease and the fact that Immune Suppressants and Steroids have been used to treat it that I am more prone to infection than he would like. In the meantime, I had been off of the immune suppressants since November prepping for the surgery so my Crohn's symptoms have been flaring badly. So now, they won't do surgery until my Crohn's is better, but don't want me to take the drugs that help with the Crohn's. Now I am looking for another surgeon who understands that I am willing to risk a surgical infection to regain some mobility. It has been severely depressing losing the ability to do the things in life that I get enjoyment from, and toughing out each day just trying to get enough work done to feed the kids when I hurt too much to ANYTHING afterwards. I can't even sit on the bleachers long enough to watch my sons play little league games. Trying some supplements and other things to help, but because I have already had so much of my intestines removed through surgeries I don't get much benefit from them. Looking for long term solutions, but not seeing a lot of avenues at this point. All of your well-wishes and support have been greatly appreciated, and I hope at some point to get back in the game.

You are amazing my friend. You have lived a rough road and still chug along. That is who you are and you are admired for it.