Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck textured 2011 grip

singlestackman

I'd say it's about as grippy as a DVC grip. I like it a lot and will have one on my open gun here shortly. Also considering getting one for my limited gun. Maybe see if they will do a return if you don't like it and haven't installed it?

I'd say it's about as grippy as a DVC grip. I like it a lot and will have one on my open gun here shortly. Also considering getting one for my limited gun. Maybe see if they will do a return if you don't like it and haven't installed it?

That's what I'll do

Thanks

I don't own a CK grip yet but a buddy has a few and I've played around with them a bunch and I really like it. Not quite as grippy as the PT aggressive but plenty grippy enough. I find the aggressive PT grip a bit too much for my delicate computer guy hands.

The size and shape of the CK grip are pretty good. I have SV and PT metal grips, and of the three, I actually like the shape and texture of the PT the best. I just purchased a textured titanium PT grip and the machining issues on the early grips have been corrected. The CK texture is pretty good, but I find the angled lines a bit odd. The CT is probably a bit more grippy than the standard PT textured grip, but not nearly as aggressive as the PT cheesegrater. On my SV I have some really course grip tape (die cut stuff from SV) that works great for me.

Was looking at getting a CK and had a buddy down at shot this week. He took a look for me and said the CK metal grip felt ok but the PT and SV grip were much better compared to the CK metal grip.

So you are going to make a critical choice for YOUR competition gun based off of somebody else's opinion after handling one at a vendor table?

Sounds reasonable to me

No Sarge, but some advice always helps. As I currently own and shoot a SVI I want something with the same feel. I have shot both a SV grip, PT grip, and a STI grip. As to where I have no one in my area that currently has a CK for me to handle that was as close as I could get to a handling a CK metal grip for the time being. And until then my judgment is still in the air on the CK grip. It could be the next best thing to slice bread but I wont jump until I can actually feel one and play with one.

Plenty of grip with the CK metal grip. PT feels like a coarse wood rasp by comparison but not better grip.

It's also slightly undersized compared to traditional 2011 grips.

Do you mean the CK grip is under sized or the PT? Edited by MGMorden

Plenty of grip with the CK metal grip. PT feels like a coarse wood rasp by comparison but not better grip.

Do you mean the CK grip is under sized or the PT?
The CK grip has a slightly different contour. It and the PT are not, dimensionally, much different, but the angles and the way they are cut make the CK feel smaller.

Do you mean the CK grip is under sized or the PT?
Sorry. CK is slightly (very slight) smaller dimensionally as well as contoured slightly different.

It's not like you will pick it up and be like,"wow, this is REALLY small and shaped funny". It's very very subtle