Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Silicone Carbide grip

toothandnail

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that come as a sheet? Cut out as needed. Really, JB Weld ? Never would have thought of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You lay down the JB Weld or other epoxy then sprinkle the silicon carbide over it (it's like sand).

It's

Ok, I've been looking at a few different forums since I read yours. I'm thinking of doing this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not hard. Just take a little time and do a good masking job (I used blue painter tape).

I used the 46/70 grit and it's a pretty nice grit. I would like to see what something a step courser feels like....

I did it on my glock. Haven't done it to my STI yet.....

Edited by 3djedi

Hello: If you want to do it quick Dawson sells grip tape to cover a STI grip and some others. I am using one now on my 2011 Limited minor gun. Thanks, Eric

Been there wore that out.

This is for more longevity, the GT is easy and fast to put on though

I have been doing a lot of this on SIG P320s. The entire P320 grip is non serialized and runs $45 or less so it makes a great platform for experimentation.

36 grit has been the favorite for competition unless you have someone who wants to shift his grip for mag changes. In that case I am doing 46/70 for the most part of it. 46/70 has been my standard for "Duty" guns as well. I think this feels the most like standard grip tape, but maybe a touch more aggressive and much more durable. 80 grit works pretty well for IWB carry and the like but doesn't perform as well as the other two options.

MrQUYMvh.jpg

Edited by alma

I used jb weld on all my Glock textures. Make sure you DONT get the fast set epoxy. Getting the application of epoxy smooth is the hardest part. I then pour a big pile of grit on a newspaper then dip the grip in the pile. I think it works better than sprinkling the grit on.