Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tips For Fitting Infinity Trigger In STI

MedicAJ

You can either mod the trigger shoe, or the grip. I file the trigger shoe slot wider to accept the trigger, which is .250"

I go slow and test a lot to get it fit.

Edited by Quack

You can either mod the trigger shoe, or the grip. I file the trigger shoe slot wider to accept the trigger, which is .250"

File grip Square and Plumb until it fits without binding and no wobble

The SVI trigger bow frame is slightly wider than the STI, when you remove material from the bow or grip, (for the three SVI's triggers I've fitted to my guns I removed material from the grip) coat the trigger bow and trigger with a permanent marker or dykem, fit the bow to the gun, and remove material from where ever the dyekem is rubbed off. When you are finished, take the slide off, insert a mag (preferably a full one) and make sure the new bow is not rubbing on the mag.

keep in mind that you don't want to affect the geometry of where the back of the bow contacts the disconnector. You want to make sure that they remain parallel to each other.

This^ I used a file and sandpaper to widen the slot on my grip where the trigger shoe sits. Took a few hours as I took a little at a time too. The SVI bow itself fit fine on my grip and didn't need any fitting.

Then you fit the svi shoe to the frame, like you would fit any 1911 trigger. Doing it this way you have not altered your frame, and your sti bow fits the frame it was made for. You just have to go slow when unstaking and staking back together. When finished I epoxy everything, but make sure everything is square and runs in the tracks. There are other posts on how to do this method.

I have fit maybe 2 dozen this way. I try to avoid machining or removing grip/frame material (other than deburring) as I can always replace an SV trigger bow if I may that critical of an error. I fit SV trigger assemblies (bow, sear, disconnector and sear spring) in all my SV's. Usually with EGW or the like.

Does anyone have the width of the sti trigger bow if svi is .250"

I'll measure mine this evening and get you that info....but it's not the bow that is .250....it's the trigger

Edited by 4me2ply

My triggers are getting here tomorrow. I decided to "pull the trigger" (hahahaha) on putting SVI interchangeable trigger systems in my limited gun and my open (3-gun) pistol.

My thought is to modify the frame, if the triggers go out I will replace them with SVI bows. Im still not 100% on what I need to modify, Im assuming that the shannel is too narrow in the Y-axis not the X-axis.

Ill try to take some pictures before and after when I fit them this weekend. If anything if it goes catastrophic you will know what not to do. (try to keep both beer and dremels out of the equation).

My triggers are getting here tomorrow. I decided to "pull the trigger" (hahahaha) on putting SVI interchangeable trigger systems in my limited gun and my open (3-gun) pistol.

My thought is to modify the frame, if the triggers go out I will replace them with SVI bows. Im still not 100% on what I need to modify, Im assuming that the shannel is too narrow in the Y-axis not the X-axis.

Ill try to take some pictures before and after when I fit them this weekend. If anything if it goes catastrophic you will know what not to do. (try to keep both beer and dremels out of the equation).

I widen the frame (sides) where the trigger shoe goes, and take material off the trigger shoe (top/bottom)

Anyone know if the sv trigger will fit in the ck arms steel grips?

No. I put an SV trigger in mine and had to file the width of the trigger base and the height of the trigger insert. I also had to bend (more like squish front to back) the bow a little to get the hammer to half cock.

D'oh! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like sti trigger in my ck grip. You'd think when making the grip they'd have made it with sv triggers in mind.

Well, if they made it for the larger SV triggers, the folks that want a non SV trigger would have tons of play. It's easier to remove material to make it fit than to add material to a grip.

That being said, it would be great if they made some with SV fit although I'm not sure if the margins warrant doing the work to keep two different frame types. Majority of the triggers installed are non SV so it makes business sense.

It probably makes more business sense if SV made triggers that fit the regular grips as SV may sell that many more triggers but that's just me. I guess it makes the SV triggers a bit exclusive.

It's easy enough to fit the SV in the poly grips if you take your time. I've not tried the metal frames though.